Korbach Frame Locks

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
handlebarsfsr said:
my negativity is based on my own knoweldge of these cars and what goes into making them fast. your positive reviews are based on your own biased opinion and some company propaganda- and nothing else. go look at any scca it civic. it has strut bars. it doesnt have frame locks. it has anti sway bars. no frame locks. it has poly bushings.. and still no frame locks. why? because those products are proven to work. if and when someone can prove to me these work, by getting some real numbers, and some reviews by some people who actually know what the hell they are talking about, ill change my tune. until then, i stand by everything ive said.
for one, i'm gettni jack s**t out of me giving the product a good review.. what have i gotten so far?? not a damn thing... i'm just sayin . ..

as for them being tested with SCCA and any hpde racers, their working on gettin that so people like you will stop whinning about s**t like that. .

it's not on any racer cars yet because the product is new and currenlty only developed to fit the 6th gen. . .

you guys are all blowing this way out of proportion, this product has also gotten negative reviews from people... my review was gramtically correct because i put it that way when i gave him my rewview.. wasn't tryin to be ghettofied about it n s**t. . . it just doenst look professional on their site, so out of courtousey (sp) i made it look like real english and not e-english

not saying you dont know your s**t mike, but your blowing it way out of proportion and i think its just cuz its a new product . . but whatever's clever, bash away

EDIT: if you care to read ----> http://forums.clubsi.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB45&Number=4430420 <---- here are review from CSi members, both good & bad

but just like any other product out there, there will be people bashing it cuz in their opinion it sucks (e.g. the greddy turbo kit, AEM CAI, etc...)

you'll also notice that andy (Team 4r) has them on his civic, and he loves them and feels quite a bit of a differenec, if you gonna tell me that his opinion is bullshit or he's doing it for some propaganda (which would be pointless cuz he's not even in the USA right now and hasnt been for about 3months) then.. s**t man, idk what to tell you but.. try em for youself when it's out for the 5th gen

Last edited:

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I noticed after Solid Snake (a company rep) posted, We havent heard from handlebars.. I wonder what he has to say about them now..

Solid_Ride

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
MySiIzFaster said:
I noticed after Solid Snake (a company rep) posted, We havent heard from handlebars.. I wonder what he has to say about them now..

I hope you weren't calling me Solid Snake because if you did, I'd be insulted.

We just launched our product 2 months ago and we want to get numbers from a credible 3rd party racer. If got the numbers on our own cars and racer, people would still think we just made them up. Think Turbonator. So we are trying to find someone and I have put a bounty of $ 100 to anyone that can find me a well known, well respected racer to do this for us. We have tried Honda Challenge, but no response. Someone suggested a person by the name of Chad there. So we will be persistant in doing so.

Here is a more comprehensive list of links of various reviews. Also, if you do a search on Korbach Performance on Google you will not find one bad review from anyone who has purchased or drove our product. The bad reviews are only from people that have never driven our product and disagree on their own technical understanding of the car. Or they are from people that just assume that this is all hype and with master minds doing the marketing. We offer a full money back guarantee if not satisfied and we have not had one return. May be it's possible that we actually have a great product that no one else ever thought of.

Sean John - thanks for sticking up for us. You've taken some grief from your own club members.

David Lawson
Korbach Performance

Solid_Ride

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I forgot the links:

> Korbach Performance’s Frame Locks makes the front cover of the September issue of Honda Tuning magazine. Cover: “Best handling upgrade you don’t know about”. Link is:

http://hondatuningmagazine.com/tech/0409ht_honda/

> Product reviews from the co founder, moderators, racers and members of a popular car enthusiast club (Clubsi.com)

http://forums.clubsi.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB45&Number=4430420&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

> Product review from the founder and web master of a car enthusiast club (Speed-society.com)

http://www.speed-society.com/forum/phpBB2/features/items/korbach_framelocks/

> Product review from a member (Team 4 R) of a popular car enthusiast club (Clubcivic.com). http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=32650&page=1&pp=15&highlight=korbach

> Product review (Nate) from a Honda swap web site (Hondaswap.com)
http://www.hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=45556

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

> Product review from 1st time poster Kevin Demmons – great review
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1014385

> Product review from a car enthusiast web site club in Canada.
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59871

> Review from former skeptic at a popular car enthusiast web site club .
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=982542&page=1

> Review from Club civic Mortasaurus
http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=36555&page=1&pp=15&highlight=korbach

> Honda tech review SKEPTIC
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=977881&page=1 Repeat posting http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=982542&page=1

> Nate Kiner review.
http://www.hondashowoff.com/index.php

Great review
> Ejaysixxx –
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=995700

David Lawson
Korbach Performance

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i plan on getting them for my gsr and my 5th gen when/if they are developed
SeanJohn1802 took off my 95 civic's front bumper while i was down in california to check if it would fit some how... the front ends arent even close to being compatable...

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Solid_Ride said:
I hope you weren't calling me Solid Snake because if you did, I'd be insulted.
Totally didnt mean it.....Fruedian slip maybe? :twisted:

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
returnoftheking said:
yay scripted responses!! 8)
so, you mean to tell me... that my repsonse/review... is scripted?? your telling me that my own personal opinion is scripted? i dont know how you can tell me that my repsonse/review is scripted.. you didn't write it, I did.

SeanJohn1802 said:
so, you mean to tell me... that my repsonse/review... is scripted?? your telling me that my own personal opinion is scripted? i dont know how you can tell me that my repsonse/review is scripted.. you didn't write it, I did.

because i can say what i want, just like you can.....only what i say isnt scripted :lol:

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
returnoftheking said:
only what i say isnt scripted :lol:
no but it's repetative, i'd rather have scripted then repetative

80's Boy

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
OK, let me jump in here if I may.

I was the first person to ever have the frame locks installed on a Civic.

My car was used as the prototype for them.

Sadly, before the frame locks went into production (or even Beta) my car was stolen (shocking I know, an Si stolen?) =)

Anyway, I had them on and off my car for a couple of months and think I am pretty well qualified to speak to their effectiveness.

Oh but first maybe you'd like to hear a bit about me.

I raced my Si in Solo2 (autocross) with the San Francisco region of the SCCA for the better part of four years (3 in the Si). In that time I took a bunch of event firsts, numerous top 10 PAX times, 2 Championship trophies, a class win at the last ever Dual at DeAnza, and a second in last years DSP Slush season driving an Integra. I beat the owner of the car 3 of 4 events I drove it. He took the championship simply because he drove more events than I did. I have also worked as a hired gun for Saturn and Ford for new Product Ride and Drives. Currently I have a 2004 Honda S2000 that hasn't seen much track time this year since my Wife and I had a baby a few months back.

OK, enough about me.

What you want to know about are the Frame Locks.

I loved mine. Did they make a night and day difference in the handling of my car? Nope, but then my suspension was really well balanced to begin with. Where I noticed a huge difference was in the daily driving of the car. Especially on the freeway, hitting expansion joints. With the locks in place the felt Uber solid at speed. There was no chassis memory of the bumps, where without them there was always a bit of a shudder after hitting them. The other place I noticed the biggest difference was going into and out of driveways. I'd had the windshield replaced about a year prior to having the frame locks installed. Ever since then, I'd get a little bit of creaking from the glass in the moulding going into and out of driveways. With the Frame Locks in place the creaking was gone! Very nice, in addition the front end just felt more solid. I always felt there was a bit of Twist taking place, even with Cusco Upper and lower tie bars on the car. The Frame Locks seemed to get rid of most if not all of that.

So are the Frame Locks a magical cure all for an ill handling Civic? Nope, not a chance.

Are they a part that makes a noticable difference in the way your car will drive in everyday use. Absolutely.

Would I put them on a car of mine again? Without a second thought.

Would I recommend them to a friend? Without reservations.

So there you have it...a first hand testament from Korbach User #1, who has at least a small clue when it comes to what it takes to hustle a car around the track in a hurry.

Flame away guys....

Paul

2004 Honda S2000 SFRSCCA A Stock #51
2003 Acura CL Type S
2000 Civic Si *gone but not forgotten*

80's Boy said:
OK, let me jump in here if I may.

I was the first person to ever have the frame locks installed on a Civic.

My car was used as the prototype for them.

Sadly, before the frame locks went into production (or even Beta) my car was stolen (shocking I know, an Si stolen?) =)

Anyway, I had them on and off my car for a couple of months and think I am pretty well qualified to speak to their effectiveness.

Oh but first maybe you'd like to hear a bit about me.

I raced my Si in Solo2 (autocross) with the San Francisco region of the SCCA for the better part of four years (3 in the Si). In that time I took a bunch of event firsts, numerous top 10 PAX times, 2 Championship trophies, a class win at the last ever Dual at DeAnza, and a second in last years DSP Slush season driving an Integra. I beat the owner of the car 3 of 4 events I drove it. He took the championship simply because he drove more events than I did. I have also worked as a hired gun for Saturn and Ford for new Product Ride and Drives. Currently I have a 2004 Honda S2000 that hasn't seen much track time this year since my Wife and I had a baby a few months back.

OK, enough about me.

What you want to know about are the Frame Locks.

I loved mine. Did they make a night and day difference in the handling of my car? Nope, but then my suspension was really well balanced to begin with. Where I noticed a huge difference was in the daily driving of the car. Especially on the freeway, hitting expansion joints. With the locks in place the felt Uber solid at speed. There was no chassis memory of the bumps, where without them there was always a bit of a shudder after hitting them. The other place I noticed the biggest difference was going into and out of driveways. I'd had the windshield replaced about a year prior to having the frame locks installed. Ever since then, I'd get a little bit of creaking from the glass in the moulding going into and out of driveways. With the Frame Locks in place the creaking was gone! Very nice, in addition the front end just felt more solid. I always felt there was a bit of Twist taking place, even with Cusco Upper and lower tie bars on the car. The Frame Locks seemed to get rid of most if not all of that.

So are the Frame Locks a magical cure all for an ill handling Civic? Nope, not a chance.

Are they a part that makes a noticable difference in the way your car will drive in everyday use. Absolutely.

Would I recommend them to a friend? Without reservations.

So there you have it...a first hand testament from Korbach User #1, who has at least a small clue when it comes to what it takes to hustle a car around the track in a hurry.

Flame away guys....

Paul

2004 Honda S2000 SFRSCCA A Stock #51
2003 Acura CL Type S
2000 Civic Si *gone but not forgotten*

better then the scripted crap we have read for like ever

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
returnoftheking said:
better then the scripted crap we have read for like ever
holy f**k are you being serious!?!?!? dood, I PMed him on CSi and let him know about this, thought mabye if i got someone from/or races in SCCA (thats what you wanted to hear right mike??) then maybe he could chime in and give his opinion. .

which in turn you think is scripted (and i know for a fact that it isnt)

but i think your only doing this to purposely cause rawkus . . .

but like Paul said .. suprised i never thought myself to say it like this but

80's Boy said:

SeanJohn1802 said:
holy f**k are you being serious!?!?!? dood, I PMed him on CSi and let him know about this, thought mabye if i got someone from/or races in SCCA (thats what you wanted to hear right mike??) then maybe he could chime in and give his opinion. .

which in turn you think is scripted (and i know for a fact that it isnt)

but i think your only doing this to purposely cause rawkus . . .

but like Paul said .. suprised i never thought myself to say it like this but

which is why i said his response is better then the scripted crap we have been subjected to

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
when are they gonna make these for the 5g?

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
^^^^^^^^ not soon enough

SiGSR

yeaaaay.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
returnoftheking said:
which is why i said his response is better then the scripted crap we have been subjected to
It's ok to be wrong sometimes. Let it go.