KYB GR-2 Shocks

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey i was wondering if KYB GR-2 Shocks/struts were good with coilovers?i'm looking to get them with ground control coilovers for my 04 cavy tom. so lemme know, i just wanted to make sure they are good for lowered cars, thanks

Spencey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
from what I understand, they are like factory replacements, not meant for lowered cars. Maybe someone else could verify this one way or another because I've heard this but I don't know for sure

[civic]

Moderfucker
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nah, dont get them for a lowering setup. They will blow if you lower these especially with coilovers.

Yes^^ These are similar to oem replacements just like tokico blues.

9civic7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what would you guys recommend for lowered cars...for both coilovers and shocks/struts...I was thinking dropzone, but heard they were crap...then I was thinking of those KYBs and skunk2 or ground controls....just wanna hear some opinons before I buy mine...btw I wanna drop about two inches but have the adjustability for the winter...thanks

[civic]

Moderfucker
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Kyb Agx's are good for the price.

I would get GC's for the coilovers if ur in the market for some.

I would also get Koni Yellows or Tokico Illuminas for shock preferences.

If you were gonna get the coilover and shocks all at once, I would just get a set of Tiens because it totals up to about the same price.

Spencey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would say get the Ground Controls and either KYB AGXs or Tokico Illuminas

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
geese i'm having a hell of a time finding ones for my 04 cavalier, any help guys? the local shop said $400 for tokico blues.....what do you think? i need options!

[civic]

Moderfucker
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
fourdoor92 said:
geese i'm having a hell of a time finding ones for my 04 cavalier, any help guys? the local shop said $400 for tokico blues.....what do you think? i need options!
$400 is hella expensive...

You could buy koni yellows for a little more and illuminas for about that price.

Last edited:

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
[civic] said:
$400 is hella expensive...

You could buy koni yellows for a little more and illuminas for about that price.
can you point be in the direction of a good website or anything?

civickidd99

not fast, but it's paid 4
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have gr2's on my coupe with a 1.75" drop and they ride better than a buddy of mine's tokico blues. They are paired up with Neuspeed sports. I like the struts just fine, but that's just my $.02!

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
why not get the AGX's??