KYB GR2 or Tokico HP

Mike_Sky87

5+ Year Member
trying to decide between getting a set of KYB GR2 or Tokico HP shocks for my 93 dx sedan. was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. i'm looking for an improved ride over stock because this car is my daily driver and i just wanna make it more fun to drive around. thanks for any help

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well those are both stock-replacement shocks. Out of the two the Tokico HPs are better.

Mike_Sky87

5+ Year Member
would you have any suggestions on shocks that are a little better than oe replacement? i'm in hs so i don't have tons of money but again i'm just looking for something that's gonna make my car more fun to drive around

Sweet-N-Sour

5+ Year Member
Just get OE replacement and some lowering springs that don't drop too low that it'll blow your shock fast. shouldn't be too expensive considering ur on a budget. BTW whats ur budget anyways.

FrancoCivicLX

5+ Year Member
im lowered on kyb-gr2 w/ h&r springs lowered approximately 1.75 front & 1.5 rear nd i gotta say the feel super smooth and not bouncy at all, hopes this helps

Mike_Sky87

5+ Year Member
Just get OE replacement and some lowering springs that don't drop too low that it'll blow your shock fast. shouldn't be too expensive considering ur on a budget. BTW whats ur budget anyways.
well i'm not looking for any lowering springs just the shocks for a little better handling and ride. as for my budget its around $300 or a little more

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wait a minute, you plan to get new shocks for your stock springs? Don't even bother if that's the case.

Mike_Sky87

5+ Year Member
Wait a minute, you plan to get new shocks for your stock springs? Don't even bother if that's the case.
haha i was planning on it for now and then getting some H&R oe sport or neuspeed sofsport springs later

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
get it all done at the same time and you will save $$$ for not having to break that s**t down twice..

usual cost is 150 -200 to install springs on shocks/struts. so do it once and be done with it..

Ill be selling my tokico blues/ tokico springs in about a month. 275 + shipping

Mike_Sky87

5+ Year Member
get it all done at the same time and you will save $$$ for not having to break that s**t down twice..

usual cost is 150 -200 to install springs on shocks/struts. so do it once and be done with it..

Ill be selling my tokico blues/ tokico springs in about a month. 275 + shipping
alright man i'll definitely take that into consideration and you might be hearing from me about those parts

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Don't get the OE springs because they barely even drop your car. It will still look stock. The H&R Sports are a better spring.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Why not?? It will make his ride a whole lot better.

OP, I hope you know that Tokico HP series and KYB GR-2's are just OEM replacements. A lot of noobs think they are some how superior to OEM shocks. They arent any stiffer nor do they offer better handling than OEM shocks. You can choose either or, I dont see the big difference in the two. My ex GF has the kYB GR2s and they ride amazing compared to her blown OEM shocks, but shes lowered on Goldline springs and shes not looking for handling or any of that. It was a night and day difference.

WaLLeYeMan

VTEC POWA JAYDEEMMMM YO!
5+ Year Member
I say, save that $300 up until you have enough for a good setup that you wont regret and be dissapointed in. Save money and time by doing it once and once only. Unless you have some sort of disorder like some of us and just have to change things out every couple of months or years..

Mike_Sky87

5+ Year Member
alright the reason i want those neuspeed or h&r springs is because i'm not looking to drop my car like 1.5". and DarkCreep i know what your saying. i noticed that they were both oem replacements and that's the reason that i wanted to ask before i bought them because i didn't want to end up with some parts that i wouldn't be happy with and i'm glad that i did because you all have helped incredibly. i'll probably end up saving the money if its much easier to do everything at once and just to get better shocks than oem replacements