Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what the hell is this project you keep talking about. PM me. I know it's not a J-Series. :lol:
ill keep it a secret for a couple weeks, till i am done with it.:lol:

if you catch me on AIM i might tell.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
AIM? :roll: i guess.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
or wait a couple weeks and find out in my thread

Black Magic

I'm Rick James, b***h
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice wheels and thumbs up for a clean rex.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
absolutely beautiful!! gotta love a clean and tasteful crx^2... i'm definately impressed =)

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
thanks. the key to a clean car, imo, is keeping as much OEM on the car as possible.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
thanks. the key to a clean car, imo, is keeping as much OEM on the car as possible.
agreed. subtlety goes a long way =) is that original paint?

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i don't think it is original paint. i think some body work was done on the back half of the car but i really don't know for sure. The kid that had it before me had some aftermarket foglights and a wing, and some sidemarkers so theres holes all over the body that i have to fix. i'd like to have all of that taken care of before next spring...but we'll see.

i'd like to replace some of my non-oem parts with some OEM parts pretty soon.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i don't think it is original paint. i think some body work was done on the back half of the car but i really don't know for sure. The kid that had it before me had some aftermarket foglights and a wing, and some sidemarkers so theres holes all over the body that i have to fix. i'd like to have all of that taken care of before next spring...but we'll see.

i'd like to replace some of my non-oem parts with some OEM parts pretty soon.
ah right on. i was wondering due to the incredible shine you've been able to get from it. CRXs are some of my favorite cars to detail.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
well come to MD and detail mine. i wanna wax it, but im not sure if its worth my time.

i should be picking up a hatch, and fenders off a black crx from a local guy soon. if i put them on, and they match well, i'll probably start waxing every 3 months and taking care of this paint rather then have it repainted.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you need a better camera, maybe not a DSLR but something a little better lol.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
wax is only there for protection. it's polishes that bring out the shine. pesoanlly, i would put some wax on it before the heavy rains come to keep the paint at least somewhat protected, even if there are contaminants under the wax.

i haven't been to MD since 2000, when i went to columbia for a show at merriweather post. definately one of my favorite venues of all time.... except for the fact that we had to park at the mall next door. they kicked us off the lot as soon as the show as over. assholes.

the best thing you can do for your paint right now is to clay it. yes, it's time quyite intensive but it's well worth the effort to make your paint smooth as glass, removing ALL surface contaminants. after claying, put on a nice glaze (i like meguiar's #7 in the tan bottle), let it set in for about 30 mins, remove the excess, and put on a coat of good carnauba wax (remove the excess approx 15 mins after application) and you should be good to go =)

i miss having access to a heated underground garage. my friend dan and i used to have the cleanest cars in town during the winter

edit: sorry about the detailing lecture. you probably know all this already.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
you need a better camera, maybe not a DSLR but something a little better lol.
i think half the problem is the resize program that i use. it kills the quality, but resizes them so fast/easily.

i also think the lense may be dirty. if i get another camera, i won't waste my money on something that isnt a DSLR.
wax is only there for protection. it's polishes that bring out the shine. pesoanlly, i would put some wax on it before the heavy rains come to keep the paint at least somewhat protected, even if there are contaminants under the wax.

i haven't been to MD since 2000, when i went to columbia for a show at merriweather post. definately one of my favorite venues of all time.... except for the fact that we had to park at the mall next door. they kicked us off the lot as soon as the show as over. assholes.

the best thing you can do for your paint right now is to clay it. yes, it's time quyite intensive but it's well worth the effort to make your paint smooth as glass, removing ALL surface contaminants. after claying, put on a nice glaze (i like meguiar's #7 in the tan bottle), let it set in for about 30 mins, remove the excess, and put on a coat of good carnauba wax (remove the excess approx 15 mins after application) and you should be good to go =)

i miss having access to a heated underground garage. my friend dan and i used to have the cleanest cars in town during the winter

edit: sorry about the detailing lecture. you probably know all this already.
actually that detailing lecture is getting saved in my CRX.txt notepad file. i'll try those things out whenever i get those fenders on there. im not wasting my time with it yet.

what is the glaze you are talkin about? is that a polish?

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
glad to hear it's been informational. if you have ANY questions about detailing, feel free to ask me. NOFX on here is also quite experienced with detailing.

not to spam a photo of my car (well, i don't have her any more), but just want to show you what's possible with just a couple hours of work:

and yes, the era of $500 crx's is over :(

Status
Not open for further replies.