kyle10182's CRX

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
im reluctantly putting wipers and heat back in this car now...

only my intermittent wipers work though... hopefully i'll have some time to troubleshoot that soon.

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im reluctantly putting wipers and heat back in this car now...

only my intermittent wipers work though... hopefully i'll have some time to troubleshoot that soon.
is the teg on its way out?

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
no....i still DD the teg. the buyer i had flaked, so i'll probably end up keeping it for awhile. might try and find a b18b or b20 in the spring to put in it. but i think i'd like to have my CRX for backup in case its cold, raining and the DA won't start. i definately don't want to have to DD the CRX though. i'm just getting it ready in the event that i NEED to daily it.

MScat

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Amazing photo show =) Sad that I haven't car like one

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i thought he meant HX wheels on my old car and the Koseis on my current car...he certainly wasn't real clear...

;)

honda22

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hey, did u ever figure what was up with the wipers ive been having the same problem on my hatch

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
haven't messed with it yet. im assuming wiring....i have the diagram next to me but i havent messed with it yet.

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so how are the re-installs coming along? You're gonna love having heat back in that thing. Even if you rarely drive it. I'm glad i never took my heat out.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
well the wipers are in, i just need to finish the wiring up a little, and then troubleshoot why the intermittent only works. the blower and duct are installed. i just need to run the coolant lines to the heater core, find somewhere to put my fuse box, and find/buy/install a working climate control. that will probably be last. those things are expensive.

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you should weigh your car again once its all back in. with a full tank like you did last time. I curious to see how much that all adds.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
well i messed with it a little today and got it even more taken apart but nothing fully installed. which is gay.

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well its getting to be cold as ever out, so as long as the DA stays alive, there shouldn't be any rush to get the crx back together. get your "cam" so you can go for a retune when I go for one in april or may.

civicsi94

dial up ownz me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bump for clean ride and fellow MDer. looks like the inner harbor in baltimore.....10mins from me ^_^

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
well its getting to be cold as ever out, so as long as the DA stays alive, there shouldn't be any rush to get the crx back together. get your "cam" so you can go for a retune when I go for one in april or may.
i dont know if i'll have any engine work by then...i have a lot of other things i wanna do before then. i have an interest free credit card for a year so i'd like to dump some money either into the CRX or a b20 swap for the DA. either way, i have some brake/suspension mods i wanna do before making the engine anymore powerful.
bump for clean ride and fellow MDer. looks like the inner harbor in baltimore.....10mins from me ^_^
yep. 20 minutes from me... i love it up there. except the roads are kinda harsh for my CRX.

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yea i know thats what your plan was, I was just throwing it out there, It'd be nice to have another car go down there with me to be tuned also, for whatever reason. Then we could see which one makes more power.:roll:

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
probably the one with larger displacement. there's no replacement for displacement ya know.

you're one post away from 3,000.

im looking into my brake upgrade now. i think i want ITR calipers.

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
probably the one with larger displacement. there's no replacement for displacement ya know.

you're one post away from 3,000.

im looking into my brake upgrade now. i think i want ITR calipers.
yea thats why i did the eye roller joint, cuz we all know my 2.2 will make more than your whatever it is.
Now 0 posts away from 3000.
Brakes would be cool, but is there a problem with yours? Do you need more stopping power?
Are you doing to do some type of road racing or something with the car in the future?

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
yea thats why i did the eye roller joint, cuz we all know my 2.2 will make more than your whatever it is.
Now 0 posts away from 3000.
Brakes would be cool, but is there a problem with yours? Do you need more stopping power?
Are you doing to do some type of road racing or something with the car in the future?
well i've always wanted to road race it. i definately dont NEED anymore stopping power then what i have. my DA setup is pretty efficient for a 2200lb car. The setup i wanna do doesn't actually use any larger rotors, just larger calipers and pads for more leverage. the main reason im changing is because the DA front spindles have different geometry then the ED knuckles i plan on replacing them with. The DA knuckles are taller.

I also have some sort of problem in my front end with some sort of "looseness" that i think is the bearings or ball joints. So i figured i might as well replace the knuckles and upgrade the brakes while im at it.

hey, did u ever figure what was up with the wipers ive been having the same problem on my hatch
BTW, i checked out my wiring for my windshield wipers and i think when i removed my washer sprayers, i also cut the ground out for the wiper switch. The switches job is to ground the wiper motor (it has constant power when ignition is on).

Take you steering column panel off and check continuity from the black wire to ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.