Lambda sensor

lonewolf

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My lambda sensor is knackered and I need a new one. Trying to get one off honda, but they can't give me any parts without the car details (I have a B16 swap and there is no way I can trace it to the original car). They can't look up anything with the engine number.

Its a 1996+ B16A2 running with a OBD2a P2T ECU, and the old sensor has four wires. Can anybody help? I am being told that honda sensors function different to the others, having a switched heater circuit, so I have to get one from Honda. Can anybody help with what part number I need to order, or is there an aftermarket alternative? is this the same as a wideband o2? How many different lambda sensors are there for B16's, just the one 'universal' or are there many different ones?

Many thanks

Tim

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you mean that you need the O2 sensor right?

is the one in the manifold bad or the one near the cat bad... (primary or secondary)?

lonewolf

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think O2 sensor = lambra sensor in uk. Its in the end of the manifold, on the top by the flange.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lonewolf said:
I think O2 sensor = lambra sensor in uk. Its in the end of the manifold, on the top by the flange.
if its a b16a2 you just need a primary O2 sensor for a 99-00 SI or whatever an SI is where you live.. and no dont get the universal one..

lonewolf

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think I have tracked down two possible part numbers, 36531-P2T-003 and 36531-P54-003. I think its probably the P2T one as it matches my ecu (where as the P54 is a prelude ecu).

I have however found the source of my probles finding parts here:

B16A2 was OBD2b fitted to 99-00 Si only in the US
B16A2 was OBD2a fitted to the 96-99 VTi in the UK, followed by OBD2b in 99-00 range.

Both use a P2T ECU, but the 96-99 version was OBD2a ECU

So is the 36531-P2T-003 sensor for the OBD2a or b? or doesn't it matter?

I'd rather not have anything to do with breakers - the're half the reason my engine swap took 8 weeks to complete instead of the three days I was quoted.

Thanks