LCA swap?

devilzek84

5+ Year Member
im doing a disc brake conversion on my 98 coupe ex. i reciently got GSR rear brake set up, but being that im doing a complete overhaul on the suspension, wat lower control arms would i need, now that the body is a civic and the brake arms are from a GSR? would the civic LCA work or would i have to get the integra gsr LCA? what would be a good control arm for a good price? ive seen blox, megan and skunk2 LCA.. gettin mixed answers about the bushings. im not lookin to drop my car drastically. im putting TOkico Hp shocks and lowering springs that will give me a 1.5" drop. wat would be good for this setup? thanx

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Your oem lca would do perfectly fine.

thyzie

5+ Year Member
but if u want to upgrade i go with either omni or skunk 2 but somethin cheap blox will work but there is that problem with those are the bushing but they do offer bushin replacement

lilskater519

Bronze!?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
but if u want to upgrade i go with either omni or skunk 2 but somethin cheap blox will work but there is that problem with those are the bushing but they do offer bushin replacement
blox work great except for the bushings( which seem to smush after a while)
im thinking about throwing some energy bushings in there or some s**t.

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
common reason why people get aftermarket lca are due to bling factor unless ur running a rear sway bar and wanting to be able to fine tune it.

and about the bushing issues. you can replace your oem bushings with poly as well. not just for aftermarkets.

If you want. I have silver blox lca but with busted bushings of course. all you'll need to buy is just the bushings itself and replace it. PM me if your interested and since ur in nor cal we can just meet up so it can save u on shipping.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
IDK why everyones having problems w/Blox LCA bushings....Ive had mine for 6 months and not a single issue. :what:

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I do mountain runs quite often...every other weekend and this certain road I run on has quite alot of hairpins and harsh twisties so yeah. abused them bastards LOL oh and cant forget them potholes.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
roads in SoFla arent the best either.. i guess it takes a few sharp hits and theyre done. mine squashed after 3-4 weeks

devilzek84

5+ Year Member
well im runnin a whole suspension upgrade .. shocks springs , LCA, sway bar, tie bar, subframe brace. the car is a daily driver but jus wana be able to have some fun with it to.. i know blox has the sway bar mounts on the LCA's. cause ill be using a blox sway bar... any good things about megan LCAs?

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah. they do make replacement bushings.

oh btw. I went to check on my lca i had put away last night. brother threw them away. that b***h ass. :evil:

Young gunna

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
would you need to buy bushings for a teg then? i'm doing the same conversion just onto a 99 ex... sorry i don't mean to thread jack

devilzek84

5+ Year Member
i actually wen to the energy website to check for the bushings but they dont have any for the 96-00 civic.
damn that sux bro .. i need for find some LCAs

devilzek84

5+ Year Member
would integra LCAs work on a 98 civic? being that im doin the disc brake convers what aftermarket LCAs should i use ? the integra or the civic LCA

Noodler

I wear socks
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
integra and eg civic lcas do not swap into 96-00. lengths are different.

and here you go! go go go blox lca bushings!