leaky new project

clbraden

5+ Year Member
I just picked up a 93 dx hatchback last night, and today it started pissing down rain. I go to open the gate and my amp is soaked. I thought i heard water dripping as i started out, but I'm not sure if its coming through where the back lip is mounted, or if its from the glass. Now that the rain has stopped, I can't tell where the leak came from. Are either of these a pain to fix?

EG Hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Get a hose and turn the water on, put it on your roof so the water will go over the window and tailgate. Hop in the car and see where it is leaking. You might just need new gaskets.

clbraden

5+ Year Member
Craziness......when I go in reverse after getting soaked, water pours in through the rear passenger belt trim hole. Gotta strip out everything to get to it, but I was planning to do this anyway to paint the trim.

JefCleveland

5+ Year Member
water inside!!!

I think I'm having the same water problems with the seat belt port; although I'm also getting water under the floormats in my 92 vx. Is there a history of these cars leaking in usual places?? I've only had the car for a couple months; is there a repair for this? Thanks all..

Superman5715

5+ Year Member
i was getting puddles in my spare tire area for a long time and it got out of control during a crazy rain storm I pretty much had a puddle... My bodyshop guy and I took a hose to everything cause I figured it was a leak in the rubber seal but it was all re-sealed and still coming in so we took a rubber mallet to the edge around the trunk to make it a little tighter and i havent had water since.... sometimes just age of the car I guess

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the tailgates, rear hatch, and the taillights love to leak in the hatches. getting water in the front under the floor mats is usually caused from a leaky windshield washer tray.