1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

Left Speaker not as loud as right speaker!!

Discussion in 'Interior / Audio / Electronics' started by stangjason, Dec 12, 2006.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. stangjason

stangjason New Member 5+ Year Member

Ok I own a 1997 Civic LX with the base system and an added on CD player down behind the cup holder. Anyway when the balance is set to the middle I notic that my music is louder coming out of my right channel. Also when I turn my balance all the way to the right then back to the left the music is louder coming from the right side comparable to the left at equal volumes.

Anyone ever notice this problem from their factory system? Also I have changed to aftermarket speakers and the problem exists with both the factory speakers and the aftermarket speakers.

2. Gonzo

Gonzo Tin Foil Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

talking about the front speakers or all of them? chack your connections? maybe there is some resistance along those wires? maybe throw in the stock speakers and see if it is still doing it?

3. 89CivicDxHatch

89CivicDxHatch New Member 5+ Year Member

this same problem happened in my dads explorer when i put an cd player in it. when i looked in at the wiring, two of them that were spares(well i thought they were) kept moving and throwing off the speakers power. i still havent figured out how to fix it. but try to keep the cd player from moving, after putting the casing back in it, it cant move so it doesnt mess up

4. stangjason

stangjason New Member 5+ Year Member

It seems to be a left channel front and rear speaker thing so I was thinking maybe the factory system was built to try and balance the sound in the middle for the driver but it seems as if it just made the left channel sound flatter than the right.

I'm really hoping it's just the factory head unit that has a problem so it will go away when I replace it.