10+ Year Member
SPOON of course
but, since many of us cannot afford them, we go for ROTA

steve8091

Blanned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm certain I've seen a site that calls out all the "name brand" wheel weights...I'll dig for it.

04mag

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah, that site rocks. I'm looking at SSR competition.

I need something reasonbly priced... The spoons are nice but $$$. They are true forged. The Rotas are replicas and are CAST so they weight a bit more. Something like 12lbs for the equivalent 9lb spoon.

The ssr comps are pretty nice -- 9ish pounds and are available in silver so I may go that route. 279 each at tirerack.

steve8091

Blanned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
On the SSR's - anything that WRX racing teams use religiously has my vote.

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have 15" speedmaster at 10.5 lbs each

i bought it for 720 shipped with falken azenis. u can't beat that =)

a lot better than the crappy rota which breaks on you

Sound Streamin'

Boost or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
imazn said:
i have 15" speedmaster at 10.5 lbs each

i bought it for 720 shipped with falken azenis. u can't beat that =)

a lot better than the crappy rota which breaks on you
I have seen rota's break once in my entire life. And what broke them wouild have broken any wheel.

Rota's are fine.

Civicdreams

Get Ready 2 Get Merked
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just ordered some a set of brand new bronze /Konig Heliums with kumho ecsta 712 tires. Its gonna be f**king bomb man. Light weight 17's with my AEM big brake kit. Gonna be sick

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think the Heliums replaced the Greenlights, which are extremely light...

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
TireRack has the SSR Competitions at 8.8 for 15x6.5 for $279 each..

Plus they have a really cool progam on thier site where you can select your car and click on the rims to see what they will look like on your car.

TireRack

My 17"x7" OZ Superleggera's wiegh 15.2lbs

04mag

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
update... pretty much decided on ssr comps in silver in a 16x7 with a 205 50 16...

tire suggestions? I would be looking for all around weather with firm sidewalls for snappy handling and solid cornering. I don't need glue tires for accleration... that's not my game...

SpoonFedRexSi

Droppin' a Deuce
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Those SSR Comp's are nice, they would look good on my car in that anthracite/gunmetal color. I see a lot of SCCA Pro Racing Honda's with those. They don't have a yellow CRX on TireRack, oh well. I like those Bridgestone Potenza S 03 Pole Position's. Kuhmo Ecsta, Hankook Ventus, Falken Azenis, and BF Goodrich g-Force KD's are also good.

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sound Streamin' said:
I have seen rota's break once in my entire life. And what broke them wouild have broken any wheel.

Rota's are fine.

i have actually seen numerous cases where they break. and even what broke them should've bented another's rim. i seen a car with slicks on rotas and the slicks just ripped the wheel apart. if it was me, i would spend my money on some thing else...

EatingYourBrainsY0

Team Sin Motorsports
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
one word......ROTA........great wheels, light weight, extra cheap. i think the slips are the lightest, weighin in at 8-10lbs i think.

EatingYourBrainsY0

Team Sin Motorsports
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
imazn said:
i have actually seen numerous cases where they break. and even what broke them should've bented another's rim. i seen a car with slicks on rotas and the slicks just ripped the wheel apart. if it was me, i would spend my money on some thing else...

yea but there rotas.....one wheel is like 100 bucks dude!!