Little Help Please

95dxdriver

save the sohc
5+ Year Member
Im new in the whole moding thing and it might sound stupid but here we go i was wonder if i have to lower or raise my compression to run a t3/t4 greddy turbo system on my d16z6 vtech im pretty sure i would lower the compression but im tryin to safe than sorry my dad has a garage and i dont trust mecanics around here so im doing all the motor work myself so i was wonderin also what all i would need to lower the compression enough to run anwhere from 10 to 15psi from the turbo without worrying about shoting a rod through the block?
see i told you it was probably a dumb question but im trying to be safe than sorry because im on a strict building budget these days and cant afford to put a new motor in because of a wrong turn
P.S are there any kits i am able to buy to lower compression and if so which one would be best to use
Thanks

ej2rey

No Boost! No Life!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You are right. When boosting you will need to lowe the compression.

The amount of boost will be considered on how much modifications you will be doing to your motor. 15 pounds of boost will be too much for a stock d16.

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
6 PSI on a stock block is safe IMO...

To lower the compression ratio, you have to get a thicker headgasket (cheap way), or build up the bottom end to handle the boost.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if u dont know, you dont need to do that modification...
do some research and find out what you are getting into b4 you do anything to your car

95dxdriver

save the sohc
5+ Year Member
well like i said guys i dont know much about these things but i saw a couple of very fast civic just like mine and now that why i wanna run boost instead of all motor..and i am also not tryin make any wrong choices a couple buddies of mine said to join a civic forum and just ask question o and they also said pay not mind to all the a**holes that talk crap just because they know how to do it they think everone should....so are there any kits that come with the piston and rods and everything i need to hold 10 to 15 psi i dont want to stop modding until i get at least 300hp or a little over to the wheels

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ur gonna need a swap then if u dont know what you're doing...
and ur gonna go through a lot of motors...

and im one of those assholes... =)