LO JACK Installed

Mr.Luder

SSM EP3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My girl baught a car and it came with alarm and everything but the thing was, before we bought it the dealer was like take it as it is, and we're like nah we'll just keep searching! So they cut us a deal on the price, like a grand off and free $600 LO JACK, and fix minor things ex: corner lights missing bulbs LOL. So with all said and done she got a white 97 accord sedan, the car she has always wanted for some reason.

So let me know guys, what do you think about a LO JACK. Pro's? Cons?

cujo613

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It depends on the area. Here in washington it would be great.
Sacramento Not too good.

Heres the deal with lo jac. they will find your car in 24 hours.
In places like sacramento 24 hours means they will find your car completely stripped violated and left for dead,

but they will find it =)

that VERBAL

AKA Theiven Stealberg
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I want to get lo-jack but I couldn't find a monthy service price anywhere.

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lojack..positive..they will find ur car..

negative..1..they will find it stripped..
2..cops will knwo how to located u at anytime...whatever the reason maybe

krayziejcs

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I got lo jack early warning system installed last saturday, Testimonials from friends and my paranoia of my car getting stolen got me into buyin it :thumbup: :lol:

that VERBAL

AKA Theiven Stealberg
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
krayziejcs said:
I got lo jack early warning system installed last saturday, Testimonials from friends and my paranoia of my car getting stolen got me into buyin it :thumbup: :lol:
how much is the service?

pinay_extacy

I
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
As I know you just pay for it to get it installed.

My parents' cars have LoJack (it came out of the lot with LoJack already installed) and they don't pay a monthly service for it.

imbcruz

ItsMeBraulio!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
isn't onstart the one that you have to pay a monthly service for ???? :what:

krayziejcs

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no monthly service fee
just a 1 time fee, normal lojack is around 600 dollars and early warning is 1k

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a lojack on my car, bought the car with it on there, no monthly service, though i did have to get it activated once I first got the car...

Mr.Luder

SSM EP3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea she just got it today and it took a hour or so to install...i dunno..i left it at the dealer for a couple hours..

civic hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lo jack good but it only works in some areas, it depends if the local police force are using the system that monitors the lo jack signal, for example i have it on my civic but i can use it here where i live in texas cause the local police dont monitor it, bu if i move to dallas of sanantino then it will work,

it a one time fee of 600 and someone install a small box into your car in one of 30 different areas and it take s about 1 hour to install it.

yeha onstar you have to pay for a monthly service, if you buy a new car/truck then you get 1 year free, but it only come installed on new gm car/truck and you cant get it added on to anything, it has to come from the factory cause it ties into the ECU

soldiaboy

343 FDNY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
krayziejcs said:
no monthly service fee
just a 1 time fee, normal lojack is around 600 dollars and early warning is 1k
so do they put a chip or something in your keys or keyless entry? how does it work

that VERBAL

AKA Theiven Stealberg
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
soldiaboy said:
so do they put a chip or something in your keys or keyless entry? how does it work
it is just a transmitter hidden somewhere on the chassis that puts out a frequency that allows the police to pinpoint your car.

DaGFTDOne

Car Audio Guru
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have the standard tracking on my cars in St Petersburg FL but how does the early warning system work?

DaGFTDOne

Car Audio Guru
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ahh wait, it works like a transponder key. You carry a pass key that sends a signal to your car to say whether you are to be driving it or not. then sends a signal to phone or e-mail

MECP

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I work side by side with a Lo-Jack installer over here in the Bay Area. Lo-Jack *shouldnt* take no more than 20-30 mins. Its a GPS system and the part that takes the longest is the activation, not the install. If you guys wanted something a little more fancy, check out www.MyMobileGuardian.com with this system, you have control of your starter, unlike Lo-Jack. They have no monthly fee's but you have to pay each time you want to check or change the status of your car. Each time you check is called a "hit" and when you buy this system you get 20 free hits. So, its kinda like Lo-Jack, but YOU have the ability to track the vehicle yourself, and kill the starter. I *think* when you want the police to be informed, YOU have to make the call, but Im not too sure and all you do is tell them the GPS location and they'll handle the rest. But still, the Mobile Guardian and Lo-Jack systems, are all pretty much 4-5 wires. Mobile Guardians dont come with theft deterrent stickers to put on your car, and Lo-Jack I believe does. Keep in mind, thieves know how alot of alarms work, and if they know what kind of alarm you got, they'll know where and what to look for