Lock Nut 4 Shift knob....

ChanMan11

Ferrari F1 Fanatic
5+ Year Member
Alright I just got my replica CTR shift knob for my 99 civic. It threads on perfectly and fits fine.

But I don't know how to install the lock nut ???? when I try and thread it on it only goes a little way (1 or 2 turns) and then stops so I don't even have enough room to thread the shift knob. What am I doing wrong ???

I know the lock nut is supposed to go on so that the shift pattern will stay straight...so I really want it to work properly. Help Please ?!?!?!

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Does the knob thread all the way to the bottom and side semi crooked? You could add a few washers and make it sit straight. If not try using some pliers to thread the lock even tighter?

My knob sat crooked, but I just forced it till it was straight.

ChanMan11

Ferrari F1 Fanatic
5+ Year Member
yeah it sits about a 1/4 of a turn crooked. I'll try some washers.

The lock nut wont even screw on, just barely 1 or 2 turns. It should make it to the bottom of the shift knob threading right ???

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sounds like the wrong lock nut was put in with the shift knob. The thread pitch/pattern is wrong, thus not allowing it to go on. Need to get the correct one.

knivesout

¬ µ ∫ ç π
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
They might have sent you a knob with the wrong thread pattern too. Did you have to force it on, or did it screw on nicely? I dunno, this just happened to me, the knob I got today has a 3/8 thread when it needs to be the 10x1.50.. :smackself:

ChanMan11

Ferrari F1 Fanatic
5+ Year Member
They might have sent you a knob with the wrong thread pattern too. Did you have to force it on, or did it screw on nicely? I dunno, this just happened to me, the knob I got today has a 3/8 thread when it needs to be the 10x1.50.. :smackself:
No, the Knob threads on perfectly. Went on no problem without any forcing.

your profile said you have a 00 ex ? mine is a 99 ex so the shifter thread size should be the same right ???

just want to make sure that 10x1.50 is the size that I need to find....home depot ??? or reorder ???

knivesout

¬ µ ∫ ç π
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yep the thread size is the same on all hondas, they just sent me a knob that wasn't what it was supposed to be. M10x1.50 should be exactly what you need, go to home depot, it'll just be pocket change.

ChanMan11

Ferrari F1 Fanatic
5+ Year Member
Yep the thread size is the same on all hondas, they just sent me a knob that wasn't what it was supposed to be. M10x1.50 should be exactly what you need, go to home depot, it'll just be pocket change.
did you mean 10x1.5 mm ??? or M10x1.50 ???