locked my keys in my car..HELP PLEASE LOL

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i locked my keys in my car and i need a way to open my doors...car is a 96 ex...PLEASE HELP NEED SUGGESTIONS LOL

fronomo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
slim jim, coat hanger, antenna. get creative. its not hard to break into a civic

landwrx

5+ Year Member
Tools
1. Flashlight
2. Wire coat hanger

Bend the wire coat hanger so that it's straight and long, and make a small hook on the end of it.

With your fingers move the weather seal away from the window. Once the rubber is removed or prised away enough, shine the flashlight down toward the locking mechanism. You should see a metal 'arm' coming off the inside of the lock. Use the hook on the coat hanger to pull it up sharply. This will release the lock and the door should open. If up doesn't work then push it down. To get a bit more access if need be, you can get a second person to pull the door metal out slightly - DON'T bend it!

This will work if you persevere. Otherwise call a locksmith, or if you have AAA or any roadside assistant they will do it for free.

By the way, where is your spare :lol:

fronomo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
or do like fast and furious.....and take off your shirt, wrap it around your hand, and bust the window out and unlock it...

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Tools
1. Flashlight
2. Wire coat hanger

Bend the wire coat hanger so that it's straight and long, and make a small hook on the end of it.

With your fingers move the weather seal away from the window. Once the rubber is removed or prised away enough, shine the flashlight down toward the locking mechanism. You should see a metal 'arm' coming off the inside of the lock. Use the hook on the coat hanger to pull it up sharply. This will release the lock and the door should open. If up doesn't work then push it down. To get a bit more access if need be, you can get a second person to pull the door metal out slightly - DON'T bend it!

This will work if you persevere. Otherwise call a locksmith, or if you have AAA or any roadside assistant they will do it for free.

By the way, where is your spare :lol:
my spare fell out of the little key holder thingy one day while i was driving down the street LOL, i need to make another one, but THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
my spare fell out of the little key holder thingy one day while i was driving down the street LOL, i need to make another one, but THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
i keep my spare in my wallet....

my wallet is always in my pocket.

Seems like the most logical place for it lol

wetcmonkey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you know a slim jim doesnt work on the 6th gen i have one and there is something in the way the best way is the coat hangar it akes a lot of patience.

Jimmy2times

White, middle-class
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
its funny i always lock my keys in my car when its running. (i know its dumb) i just get in the habit of locking my car whenever i get out. the nice thing is that if u leave it running and u have power windows u just gotta use a coat hanger to hit the window button.

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
no its raining and dark, im not gonna get it until tomorrow morning

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
or do like fast and furious.....and take off your shirt, wrap it around your hand, and bust the window out and unlock it...

then find out it was never locked in the first place :lol:

hope u get ur keys

umair

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
in chicago if you call the cops they will unlock your doors for you. i dont know if they do that in NJ, try to find out of they do.