Locking Lug Nut Help

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have some locking lug nuts from Pepboy's on my car. They came on the car, as well as the key. LUCKY ME, I lost the one key. How do I go about getting the locking lugs off?

I've tried the technique of using a 12 point socket and hammering it onto the lug and then going from there, but it doesn't work. Any other ideas? Or do I have to get them drilled off?

EJackBauer8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I was gonna suggest you do the 12 point socket thing, but you already did. Did you try YouTube yet?

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Can you get a vice-grip on them?

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Got a welder?

takeachance

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
JB weld a socket on each one, or use a welder to weld a socket on. I have used the hammer trick on my friends before and it worked well. Can you try with a smaller socket than what you used

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
a lot of the time if you go to a tire shop they might just have one that will fit

RealRabbit

Registered VIP
Or go to pep boys and buy another set with the key. They're only 15-20 dollars.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I was gonna suggest you do the 12 point socket thing, but you already did. Did you try YouTube yet?
Yea, but its all just the same thing.

Can you get a vice-grip on them?
Nah. Don't have a good hold on the lug

Got a welder?
JB weld a socket on each one, or use a welder to weld a socket on. I have used the hammer trick on my friends before and it worked well. Can you try with a smaller socket than what you used
I don't have a welder. But the rest of my lugs are 19mm. Do you think if I used a 18mm it might work?

a lot of the time if you go to a tire shop they might just have one that will fit
Or go to pep boys and buy another set with the key. They're only 15-20 dollars.

Tried to. But the sales guy said that 1 out of every 20 or so had the same key.

RealRabbit

Registered VIP
Can you take a pic of the lugs and post it?

RealRabbit

Registered VIP
Lmao, dude those are probably the most common tuner lugs. 15 bucks at advance auto. The keys are all the same.

RealRabbit

Registered VIP
Get a better pic, post an ad I'm craigslist if you don't want to spend the money. Maybe some nice enthusiast will drop by and you can have a couple beers at your cost while you take them off. That's not a rare key at all.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You shouldn't be running those lugs with those wheels anyways.

takeachance

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I can run out to the garage later and see if i have the key if so i shall take a pic then mail it to you

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Get a better pic, post an ad I'm craigslist if you don't want to spend the money. Maybe some nice enthusiast will drop by and you can have a couple beers at your cost while you take them off. That's not a rare key at all.

:Devil:

You shouldn't be running those lugs with those wheels anyways.
:what: I don't have the cash right now to get some Muteki ones.

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just bought another set from Pepboy's. I tried that key......and it didn't work.

takeachance, if you are able to find the key, please let me know. I'll take it off you hands until I can get them off.