Look what i broke now...

RaYrAy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
redsidriver2 said:
send it back to dc they replace it . they replaced mine when it broke early last year no biggie just inconvenient
for realz? s**t, i didn't know that. i already tossed the damn thing... It sucked anyways

redsidriver2

Banned
haha if its ur trash can go get it and send it back to get it replaced and sell if u dont want it.that way ull get something out of it haha but if its wasy gone oh well sorry i didnt see this thread earlier

RaYrAy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
redsidriver2 said:
woops yeah this thread is 2 months old oh well
yeah, thanks for the info though!

Will DC do this with any other parts?

redsidriver2

Banned
not sure on that best bet would be to call em up and ask DC Sports
2205 126th Street, Unit A
Hawthorne CA 90250
Phone: (310) 484-2322
Fax: (310) 484-0152

StillenMaxSE99

Boosted It Myself!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
redsidriver2 said:
send it back to dc they replace it . they replaced mine when it broke early last year no biggie just inconvenient
Sure they'll replace it but for what? For it to break again if sold to someone else or if used by the same owner in the same manner?

redsidriver2

Banned
ive only heard about 3 other cases besides mine where a dc shifter has broke .not like evryones is freakin breaking it just happens sometimes they cant all be perfect.i actually liked mine broken i just slipped a bigger shift knob on it and it was really a short shifter barely had to move the thing to shift i actually kinda liked it but i knew i wanted it fixed haha oh well do as u will with it

StillenMaxSE99

Boosted It Myself!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm actually a fan of the Skunk 2 short shifter! With the weighted shift knob it's perfect!! Oh wait....that's ray ray's setup!!

RaYrAy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
redsidriver2 said:
ive only heard about 3 other cases besides mine where a dc shifter has broke .not like evryones is freakin breaking it just happens sometimes they cant all be perfect.i actually liked mine broken i just slipped a bigger shift knob on it and it was really a short shifter barely had to move the thing to shift i actually kinda liked it but i knew i wanted it fixed haha oh well do as u will with it
Werd, what car did you have it in? 'cause in my EG, after it broke and a rethreaded a new knob, yeah the shifts were really short but it just sat WAY to low, i had to lean over just to put it in 5th!

Last edited:

98_4door

Sexy Cabana Boy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn that sucks. never seen that happen before

StillenMaxSE99

Boosted It Myself!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
RaYrAy said:
Werd, what car did you have it in? 'cause in my EG, after it broke and a rethreaded a new knob, yeah the shifts were really short but it just sat WAY to low, i had to lean over just to put it in 5th!
What was that.............. lean back....lean back......

NewEraImports09

Civic Aficionado
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!! Thats funny Rayray the same exact s**t happened to me while racing this Celica, went to go shift into third and the s**t flew into the floor of the passenger side meanwhile the shits rolling all over the place evading me while im trying to keep up. I screamed out loud ohhh s**t!! It was like that for like 2-3 days, then i remember i had an extra knob that tightend with a screw on the side and i put on it and it was a super short shifter, i loved it more from then on....

crazyskills

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just jam the shift knob on there and viola u got a shorter shifer :D if it dont fit super glue and duct tape always seems to getR done. i always have had good luck with the ebay ones for like $20 never had a problem with one at all.