Look what UPS bought :D

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
lol yea....i doubt ill be able to machine the block and the head....im just getting the parts...and having a builder install the block for me.....idk ill see what i can do i guess....

but i got a small T3 turbo anyways so lag shouldnt be a issue?

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no, but when you go for 400hp you will have to upgrade the manifold and turbo for sure.

Autoworks

5+ Year Member
lol yea....i doubt ill be able to machine the block and the head....im just getting the parts...and having a builder install the block for me.....idk ill see what i can do i guess....

but i got a small T3 turbo anyways so lag shouldnt be a issue?
Depends on how small the T3 is. Lag will be a small issue w/ the C/R. It won't be ugodly terrible, but it will be noticeably sluggish pre boost. But like Green 91 mentioed, when it comes time to throw lot of boost at it, then you'll start to appreciate it a bit more, but until then...

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
with my setup i am building the dohc zc, i will be running endyn pistons made for the zc motor, shooting for 8.5-9:1 CR, but i will be running a GT30 turbo

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
ah ok....yea the t3 is a 42/48 so its tiny lol

and yea i plan on upgrading injectors, turbo, manifold, better tune, and going to a 3" catback once i get the money....thats my next build =)

ryan89crx

Spoolin single cam!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
.42/.48 is an awesome street turbo. spools quick :thumbs up

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
yea i want to make around 280 on it though i know it'll probably max out b4 then.....then again ive seen 260 on a T25 so idk......

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
decided to go with the Grommet HKS HeadGasket to raise my compression a lil as well....

heres some random pics:

SRP Pistons and Eagle Rods:

Greddy Type S Blow off valve:

Garrett T3 42/48 Turbo:

the wastegate on the turbo though hits the block when i tried to mock it up on the engine....i cant turn the turbo around either cause then the exhaust side hits the block.....

so im going with a topmount hf manifold.....im having someone from TD16.com make the adapter piece for me.....heres a pic of his setup:

were gonna do mine at a angle though:

so it'll look like this: *photoshop lol* turbo isnt clocked either yet....

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
im hoping not.......im sure i can cut the 90* degree pipe to fit it somehow.....

ryan89crx

Spoolin single cam!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
why waste the time making a cheesy topmount when its going to flow exactly the same as just bolting an adapter plate to the HF? it looks ghetto as hell, and you wont benefit from it...

Autoworks

5+ Year Member
why waste the time making a cheesy topmount when its going to flow exactly the same as just bolting an adapter plate to the HF? it looks ghetto as hell, and you wont benefit from it...
I was going to ask the same question. I don't see how making an HF into a topmount setup would benefit you other than the fact that it moves the turbo out a little mors so it will clear the block...which could probably be done just as easily with a stainless log manifold with the flange offset.

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i bought a adapter plate and the internal wastegate hit the block.....i dont have money for a new manifold so f**k it ill just use the topmount....plus i think it looks badass.....