Looking for a Decent Suspension

jbwilliam

I'm looking to get a decent suspension so I can lower my 99 civic dx coupe. I'm not trying to spend a couple thousand on it but I def. dont want to go the cheap way. I want something I know will last me a long as time without any problems. Any ideas?

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Full coilovers can be bought for less than a grand. Also a spring and shock combo would be a couple hundred as well.

jbwilliam

what exactly are all the parts I would need for it all. cause im looking to do my drum to rear disc conversion and i figured i might as well get all new brakes and do my suspension and try to lower my civic.

CDubs

Registered VIP
coilovers...go form and function, my frineds old civic had tokico blue shocks and skunk2 spings and that was a great set up just to lower it and DD didnt race or anything

CDubs

Registered VIP
form and function type ones are like 600 not even...check out Mengmotorsports, they are on here and will give a pretty good deal, im going with them once i get 600

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
go coilovers.. even though for my daily s-techs and tokicos ride like a cloud, but the inability to adjust pisses me off at times.. like the winter

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
form and function type ones are like 600 not even...check out Mengmotorsports, they are on here and will give a pretty good deal, im going with them once i get 600
^This.

I got my function and form type I from meng motorsports as well.. $595 shipped to my door. Threw them on and love the ride.. still got pleeeeeeeeeeeenty of room to drop lower, but my roads suck and I don't feel like ruining my new exhaust.
Here's two shots.

Another shot... you can clearly see, there's PLENTY of room to slam it more.

kandyapple_si

5+ Year Member
Yeah go with F&Fs. The types ones are awesome, and the price is great also! I love mine. I got my for 630 shipped with free blox lca's!

scott_EJ6

PSN- OdySSeYy
just got my F&F type 1's and threw em on. i love the ride and civ hatch 92 is right they have so much room if you wanna slam em but my roads suck to. i paid 579 from jhpusa with 10% discount. I like em

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
If I bought the function and form type I i would need to also buys the controll arms right?
No. They're just for bling. Get some function forms and some thick sway bars and your car will handle like it's on rails.

CDubs

Registered VIP
No. They're just for bling. Get some function forms and some thick sway bars and your car will handle like it's on rails.
x2 i would go ASR with a chassy brace but thats just me, since i like the bling of LCA's, if you want a sway bar i heard eibach sway bars are good too

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Type R is a quarter of the price for the same thickness.

Nebster66

yesSIR-S
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Uhh...
I would either go with decent new ones off eBay... They have many on there that are a good deal!
F&F, HKS and so much more!