looking for a good motor swap in my hatch

didaskolos

5+ Year Member
Hey,
I was wanting to know what would be the best motor for my hatch? Im looking to turbo it as well. Also I want to keep my A/C unit. Any suggestions just let me know,
Thanks

fitbmx1986

speed safely
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
go LS, its cheap, good for boost you can find manifolds that will work with AC when you want to run boost. i have it in my coupe and im very happy with it.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the D series is a perfectly good motor for boost. you can keep your AC and PS with some manifolds.

people are making 400 hp on D series motors.

civicaccelerate

5+ Year Member
d series are making 400 hp with fully built internals ls engines are good more tourqe and and wen youre ready LS Vtech iz a classic !!!!! oh and if u got the cash K20-24 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL THE WAY my persanol apinion.

MariakRSX

5+ Year Member
i have wrecked 95 civic with b16A3 ...and I parting out or selling whole car
it has 17" wheels with new tyres and sport suspension
let me know if you're interested

didaskolos

5+ Year Member
d series are making 400 hp with fully built internals ls engines are good more tourqe and and wen youre ready LS Vtech iz a classic !!!!! oh and if u got the cash K20-24 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL THE WAY my persanol apinion.
What do u mean k20-24? Also how much im a looking to spend on an ls motor. I want the most hp I can get and still have traction. Its pointless to me to have alot of hp and not be able to keep traction. Also would I have to change pistons and such if I turbo the LS.

civicaccelerate

5+ Year Member
ls motors complet around 1000 n up and if you go turbo yeah u want valves and springs at least allso low compression pistons in a b18 ls block a verry good setup for turbo charging. tourqe is not only there wen u start u need good tourqe at mid range too if yur tripin about too much tourqe slicks will take care of that problem lol!!!

fitbmx1986

speed safely
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i would go with the LS honestly. my entire swap ran me about 1000 at the very MOST. two cams ftw.
and yea people are making 400 hp on D series engines but they cannot be anywhere close to as reliable as a B at least not without building the entire engine.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ls motors complet around 1000 n up and if you go turbo yeah u want valves and springs at least allso low compression pistons in a b18 ls block a verry good setup for turbo charging. tourqe is not only there wen u start u need good tourqe at mid range too if yur tripin about too much tourqe slicks will take care of that problem lol!!!

an LSmotor can be had for alot less.

i can get an LS motor right now with motor and tranny for less than 300..
i can get a dozen of them just like it.
no im not gonna get one for anyone here so dont ask.

the D series motor with 400hp yes its rebuilt. but to make the same out of any B series requires a rebuild too. but see....D parts are cheaper. i dont know where you people are shopping.

with the same budget i bet i can out do anyone in HP with a D series.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LS.

Good price, More torque, better transmission.

Mini-me.

Better price, more torque than a B16 (A6/Z6 mini-me) and you'll have a fresh new head gasket for boost later on.

civicaccelerate

5+ Year Member
i dono im from california so u know stuff here is way over priced thats a pritty good here if you can get ls motors for 300 bring 5 here and sell em for 900-800 thats what i would doo theyll sell like hot cakes

Inigo Montoya