Looking for opinons on supsension setup

specter73

LIVIN' LOUD
Hey all, Im definately sold on lowering my car, but I'm having trouble deciding on what to go with. I've got an 04 civic sedan on 15s. Its my daily driver so i definately need something reliable that will last. I'm looking into a 1-1.5 drop. Currently I was thinking of the Eibach pro or sport kit, but not sure if i should get new shocks as well. Thought about coilovers but Ive read that the ride comfort isn't all that great. Give me your opinions please =)

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You can get coilovers with custom rates so you can get the ride comfort you want. But it all come down to whats best for you. If comfort is what you are after then yes a spring and strut combo is the best bang for your buck. But if you are looking for better overall handle with some ride quality than a full adjustable coilover is a better choice. I happen to live in the north east where snow can be a big issue so in my case coilovers are better for me because I have the ability to adjust my ride height when needed to.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
comfort,reliability,performance,adjustability= Progress Technology or Ground Control+Koni yellow.

Konig16

5+ Year Member
I agree with lowlife. Koni shocks with Ground control coils is the most recommended setup for are cars no matter what u intend to use your car for. I have used them in the past and plan using konig/gc combo for autox on my EK. Only other setup I had that really fell in love with was the Skunk2 Pro C coilovers.

ek213

Drive Slow Homie
My current set up is Kyb Agx (struts: adjustable stiffness) w/Eibach Springs. It's my everday and track days.

DMOBB

if you have the money function&form type 2 there a lil pricey but worth every penny.....32 levels of dampening and adjustable height without compromising shock travel....alot of other choices out there but thats my 2 cent....look around i got them discounted 200 off the original price