looking for quiet muffler

red98civ

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i put up a post about two other mufflers but im looking for something either quiet or with a very low tone that is close to quiet.
i have a high flow cat and a fart can muffler.

im looking to just get a new muffler, im pretty sure my piping is 2.25 inches, so ill take any ideas

links are appreciated because im desperate to get rid of my rice rocket muffler

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Apexi WS2, RS-R. OEM ITR.

J_Uhrig87

bestofbothworlds
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
just go with OEM. you can get an si muffler and it will bolt right up to yours. si exhaust is 2.25.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
WS II looks good and is not too loud. Also for OEM mufflers you can get an RSX-S.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Vibrant stealth muffler FTW

Are you tired of getting exhaust ticket because your loud shiny exhaust system attrached too much attention? We have a solution for you. Vibrant's Sleeper Oval Muffler is the most stealth looking muffler on the market. They produce a deep throaty tone. (Sound level varies depend on your exhaust pipe setup.

Available in 3 different sizes. 2.25" 2.5" 3"

http://www.velocityshop.com/product/vibrant-performance-sleeper-oval-muffler-black-_274.html

red98civ

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
where would i find an si muffler or rsx-s muffler? (websites, junk yard, etc.)

red98civ

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
also, what are your ideas on keeping my rice can muffler and adding a resonator? im not sure if that'll make it quiet or what not

red98civ

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i dont want it to sound like pure rice, or loud at all, so im thinking a stock muffler or a resonator but am not sure how much a resonator will help. trying to do this asap

J_Uhrig87

bestofbothworlds
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
basically, get rid of the rice can, they look like s**t and sounds like s**t, the silencer or resonators help, but it still sounds like a damn weed wacker. you can easily find an si, rsx type S(like the one I have) or ITR muffler on Craigslist. best place to find one. or check out the classified ads here on club civic. you never know what people are parting out. you could also look into getting a GSR muffler but you'll have to shorten the tip about 5" or so, but they look really nice.

red98civ

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thanks dude, im gonna look for the si or rsx-s or its mufler. im heading over to a local muffler shop tomorrow to get their opinion too

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
don't think you needed 2 muffler threads... but yeah stick with an OEM muffler like i said in the other thread. RSX-S is a good bet

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i put up a post about two other mufflers but im looking for something either quiet or with a very low tone that is close to quiet.
i have a high flow cat and a fart can muffler.

im looking to just get a new muffler, im pretty sure my piping is 2.25 inches, so ill take any ideas

links are appreciated because im desperate to get rid of my rice rocket muffler
yeah, I seen your other threads and deleted a few of them because they are all basically about the same thing, there was more than 2 btw. there's no need to make multiple threads, in any section, about the same topic. you can just keep posting in the same muffler thread about your muffler questions. You also had multiple "parts wanted" threads in different sections.

but back to your topic, you can solve all your problems if you just go back to a stock muffler. ;)

r_becca92

5+ Year Member
OEM muffler
they realllly quiet.
mine sounded like a hybrid, u could barley tell the car was on.

red98civ

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ignore that last post. does the vibrant stealth muffler sound ricey at all?

EKHatch_617

5+ Year Member
apexi ws2 all day all world sport exhaust are preety quiet. or jus get a str8 pipe lol. do not do dat if u want quietness