Looks or Boost

aNDoNX

5+ Year Member
My 93 Ex is completely bone stock. I have around 1200 dollars at the moment. I was gonna drop it, throw rims, an exhaust and tints and then save for boost. But my locals are telling me other wise. Building up my internals and boosting it should come first. I don't care if I have a sleeper I guess, people just won't look at me twice on the streets. What should I do? Save and build and boost? Or make it look sick. Keep in mind I make 800 a month so it owuld take around 3 months to get 3 g's for everything. (My local shop's turbo kit for my car is $1500).

usdm.ehtu

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Save for boost man. With the money you have right now you have more then enough for boost if you piece together your own kit. Your stock d16z6 is capable of reaching 180 whp easy with a good tune. D's are notorious for making alot of torque when boosted. Theres a few people on here with boosted D's, they'll tell you. Keep it a sleeper for now, do engine work and leave the cosmetic stuff for last. :thumbup:

lastaztec

5+ Year Member
keep it lookin stock and build it for boost

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My 93 Ex is completely bone stock. I have around 1200 dollars at the moment. I was gonna drop it, throw rims, an exhaust and tints and then save for boost. But my locals are telling me other wise. Building up my internals and boosting it should come first. I don't care if I have a sleeper I guess, people just won't look at me twice on the streets. What should I do? Save and build and boost? Or make it look sick. Keep in mind I make 800 a month so it owuld take around 3 months to get 3 g's for everything. (My local shop's turbo kit for my car is $1500).
why would you even think about bring attention to your car?
build your engine first, Looks come last.

neoc03

I CRAVE CORNERS
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
homemadeturbo.com x2 also evans-tuning.com is a great resource.

Boost first then looks. If all you have is looks your gonna be classified as rice by most. If you got power then they can't say s**t.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
homemadeturbo.com x2 also evans-tuning.com is a great resource.

Boost first then looks. If all you have is looks your gonna be classified as rice by most. If you got power then they can't say s**t.
not really. what if he buys everything off honda(lips, headlights ect.) and its installed perfectly? and what if he comes up on real wheels?

rices are uneducated people.

neoc03

I CRAVE CORNERS
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
not really. what if he buys everything off honda(lips, headlights ect.) and its installed perfectly? and what if he comes up on real wheels?

rices are uneducated people.
Your correct on that. A really clean stock Honda/ modded with Honda exterior pieces is a thing of beauty. I thought he was talking about kitting it (which I would never suggest anyways). In fact if your still learning about boost you make go ahead and do the mods you were talking about, and take the time that your saving up for boost to study, study, study.

aNDoNX

5+ Year Member
do you guys recommend eBay turbo kits? I see ones for 600 and ones for 1000. It would save me money and hassle of piecing together.

neoc03

I CRAVE CORNERS
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
do you guys recommend eBay turbo kits? I see ones for 600 and ones for 1000. It would save me money and hassle of piecing together.
NO!!!!!!!!!!!

Boost isn't cheap. It's just a fact. Those are all chinese crap kits. Trust me study, learn what it takes, and the piece a kit together with quality parts. You will save money piecing it together yourself, and you will be able to hand pick your parts. In the end you will end up with a better kit for less money.

aNDoNX

5+ Year Member
Neoc, before you said that I was thinking of buying an eBay kit and then having it installed at my local shop and then just replacing the manifold and s**t later on. Bad idea?

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Boost > looks.

you can do looks later.

A kid in a type r style hatch with a stock D is going to feel like crap after you beat him.

neoc03

I CRAVE CORNERS
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Neoc, before you said that I was thinking of buying an eBay kit and then having it installed at my local shop and then just replacing the manifold and s**t later on. Bad idea?
Their turbos and manifolds are crap. Pretty much the whole kit is. You can boost on a budget, but not an eBay kit. It will just fall apart on you down the road probably about 10 mi down the road. What are you hp goals?

HarkoHolland

5+ Year Member
you can better safe your money for a complete build, turbo/engine etc.etc.

Meanwhile you can study about turbo's and building engine's ;)

first the suspension, chassis, brakes and than the real power ;)

killthisish

OMG LOL!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I say suspension and wheels, then moderate looks on the outside (lip, sidemarkers, whatever). But of course if you already know all that you need to know for boosting your car, save up however much more you need to get the turbo kit, the labor (if you don't install yourself), and a good tune.

BseriesEG

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i got a extra oem honda manifold off a old d15 that everyone uses for turbo setups. also got a saab black front mount intercooler perfect for a low key front mount.. i'll setll super cheap if ur interested in pickiing them both up.