loss of power and bad mpg help !!!

SlammedEG

My civic d15b7 today lost alot of power i cant even chirp 2nd at all it feels like it takes forever to get up to 6k and slow as hell 0-60, also drove about 20 miles and lost about a quarter tank? no check engine light on cant figure it out, any suggestions would be helpful

emerican

Registered VIP
whats the maitence like
whens the last time a full tune up was done?
have you checked for vaccum leaks or any leaks for that matter?
whens the last time the fuel system was cleaned?

SlammedEG

i just changed the dizzy like 3 days ago, plugs, wires all in same day, seafoamed the vaccum line smoked like hell, thats basically all thats been done in like 4 months

SlammedEG

there doesn't seem to be any leaks but im gonna go check it out in a couple min. what in the fuel system could make it do that ?

emerican

Registered VIP
its not probasble that its the fuel system but if there is alot if build up in it it will rob it of some power
did you change the plugs distribtuer cap and rotor when you did the wires
when was the last oil change?
have you changed the fuel filter under the hood?
you may also need to clean your tbody and iacv

SlammedEG

the dizzy was brand new and oil change like 700 miles ago maybe give or take, and no wheres that filter under the hood at ?

emerican

Registered VIP
its not expesive i would just replace it
and if the computer got wet enough to effect it i image it wouldnt run at all or would run alot worse than just loosing some power
how does it idle?
have you checked to see if the tbody is clean?
condition of ait filter?
have you ever cleaned the fuel system?

SlammedEG

it idles fine around 750 to 800 and t body got some buildup in there. air filter is clean, and no i haven't cleaned the fuel system stores are closed on the 4th but i will buy new filter and additive to see if it helps ill post on Thursday see if there is a change

emerican

Registered VIP
^ this check it just to see what it is
and change the fuel filter and either seafoam the system or use some gumout in the fuel tank and check back with us
while you are at the store get some tbody cleaner and go ahead and clean the tbody cant hurt thats for sure

SlammedEG

its all good now thanks guys changed the filter and did more sea foam and did the gum out, and cleaned the tbody and also did a valve adjustment they were way loose, seems to be running how it should, thanks again.

SlammedEG

i got another question if i remove all ac components, power steering and cruise control will that set a check engine light on ?

emerican

Registered VIP
i dont believe it would: however if you have a CEl on just pull the code and see what its throwing the code for

SlammedEG

i didnt do it yet i was just asking because i have a faint knocking comming from my bottom end so im gonna buy another block, figured id just take all of it out for more room to switch blocks and keep it out,

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it will not throw any codes if you take those out. keep in mind however if you take off power steering, but leave a power steering rack and pinion in the car, you are gonna have a bad time...yes it can be done by looping the pressure sides, but more often than not (from my experience) it still locks up, and locked up steering is no bueno.