loud clickin noice in my cam/pulley area!!!!!!!!!

kfreshhh

4banginferio
5+ Year Member
well i start drving on my way home from school and i hear this loud!!! clicking noice like someone clickin a real loud pen , so i know where the noise is generally comming from, its like around the pulley/cam area, i have a 94 dx, with a swapped y8 head and its automatic, if that helps any but other than that its just real embarassing its there when the car is in neutral,park, and drive!! it keepss clicking as i accelerate from lights or even if im just sitting there. so someone please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please any one with this same problem if u could tell tme the problem, part, and what u did, plus the cost u paid! thanks in advanced! :suprise:

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Take the alt and A/C belts off and start it up. (for a few seconds) If the noise is gone then you know it's an accessory and you can check each one independantly. If the noise is not gone it may be part of the timing belt is broken loose and slapping on something or the tensioner or something. :what:

Jas0n

What's up dogz!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
sounds like the ac compressor clutch, or may be a retainer.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
might be the water pump..they make noise whn they go bad

kfreshhh

4banginferio
5+ Year Member
thanks guys preciate the help, well lastnight i turned on my car and the noice was gone, so no i dont herer any clicking, evrything sounds nice and normal, but i still think i should get it looked at! any more ideas, would help thanks.

King Bob

The life'o Riley
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Bent Valve. ... when did it start, did you miss a shift and rev real high if so I would say bent valve

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
s**t, it it's coming from the block it might be a bad bearing but hopefully it's just something minor

Sm0ked0uTCiViC

Suck Ass Evil Pooper!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just replaced the timing belt on my brother inlaws car, His car was making a real loud clicking noise, just the way you described it, like someone was clicking a real loud pen, The timing belt was so loose that it was smacking up against the timing belt cover! not only that, it was actually starting to wear a real narly grove in it! I would say take your valve cover off and take a gander at the timing belt, see if it is properly tensioned and make sure its not smacking against anything, And since you already have her undressed you might as well check and adjust any valves that are not withen spec and take it from there, If it is still clicking and yow have checked everthing obvious start looking deeper, oil pump,bottom end, water pump, bad tensioner pully, etc etc

good luck
pat