I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:welcome:

It sounds to me like you have some valve tick, or even just a mild exhaust / manifold leak. Try pulling the heat shield off and look for cracks to the manifold. It may also just be that the gasket is going bad and need to be replaced.

Thank you for providing a video.

Also, just in case, since the CEL is going off and on, I would recommend pulling the code again to see if anything new showed up. You should be able to pull codes yourself by going to an auto parts store. Around here, you can give an Advance Auto your ID and they'll let you borrow the code reader out in the parking lot there.

hala_madrid722

:welcome:

It sounds to me like you have some valve tick, or even just a mild exhaust / manifold leak. Try pulling the heat shield off and look for cracks to the manifold. It may also just be that the gasket is going bad and need to be replaced.

Thank you for providing a video.

Also, just in case, since the CEL is going off and on, I would recommend pulling the code again to see if anything new showed up. You should be able to pull codes yourself by going to an auto parts store. Around here, you can give an Advance Auto your ID and they'll let you borrow the code reader out in the parking lot there.
Hello and thanks for your reply! I think I do have a slight valve tick that's always kind of been there. The louder noise you hear also sounds like some sort of exhaust leak or possibly some rattling sound. I hope its something small like that and not some major problem :(

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
As long as you haven't experienced any power loss, or see black smoke coming out of your car, it shouldn't be a huge issue. It does sound like the valves need to be adjusted, but there is also another noise in there that almost sounds like an engine knock? hopefully this isn't the case, but if you've experienced power loss or dark smoke coming out o the exhaust at some point it probably is.