1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

Low compression

Discussion in '6th Generation Honda Civic (1996-2000)' started by FoxfireEK, Jan 27, 2012.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. FoxfireEK

FoxfireEK New Member

So when I changed my spark plugs, I checked the compression...
    Cylinder 1 around 150 no. 2 was 60 no. 3 was 55 and no. 4 was around 150. Any ideas on the cause of this?

2. Trekk

Trekk New Member Registered VIP

Head gasket broken between 2-3?

3. 00siboy

00siboy lurkin... Registered VIP

Hey I'm in g-wood too broski!

Did you also try a wet compression test? pour about a capful of oil into each cylinder and comp test again. If the compression goes up, then it means you cylinder rings are bad, and pressure is getting past the rings on the compression stroke. If there is no change, could be that your valves are not seating properly, but my money is on the rings. How many miles on the engine?

4. FoxfireEK

FoxfireEK New Member

225k on the car. I'll try to do the wet test this weekend.