Low idle even after tuneup... hmm?

BigDej8

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
hey guys, i have a small problem that has been haunting me the past few weeks.i am in the works of rebuilding my ej8 that i has been sitting for 3 years. before i had stopped driving it i had a problem with the idle dropping at a stop, then stalling. well i figured a PCV valve and general tune up (plugs, wires, cap, rotor) would do the trick. wrong. its idling around 300rpm and the motor is shaking like crazy. once i give it some gas it seems to run fine cold and at running temp. but when i let off back down it goes. the only mods r an intake and dc sport header. next step is a mass air flow sensor, think it could be the culprit? thanks guys!

edit: stock d16y8 motor w/150k

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Adjust your idle screw on the t/b. Its a flat headed screw driver type screw just above the t/b opening.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i have the same problem, someone told me to clean my iacv

BigDej8

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i'll try the iacv first as it probly needs to be cleaned anyway. also does anyone kno if you can use a little grease or oil while installing a new pcv valve? i replaced mine with an autozone counterpart and its tight as hell to press in.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sure. Alittle bit of oil wont hurt anything. Either that, or hit it with some lubricating/pentetrating oil (stuff in a spray can). Either will work

BigDej8

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ok good, as of right now it need to be pressed in another 1/8". maybe that is also reason the idle is still low