Low Priced/High Quality suspension options?

AMR Engineering

5+ Year Member
A rainy day, but how much do you actually have now? That just might be enough to get a setup that will work for you. What kinda ride quality and/or performance are you lookin for. I'm sure I can help ya, cause s**t, I own practically the same car, and I have tried almost every single suspension known to man on my car.

You got a EJ8 which should be the same chassis as my EM-1, but you have a SOHC motor right?

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
my god, your car is f**king BADASS.

Slick_99

RIP 99'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
br0nx finest said:
Dude you want a setup thats stiff yet comfortable? I went with H&R Race and AGX for around 430 shipped.
Jesus christ I said that like 4 posts ago.

However, I have H&R Sports becuase I have 17'' wheels and I know most of the people hate civics with big rims but I think they look fine, I think civics riding on 15s look like a giant rollerskate with small wheels.

Yes this setup is excellent, I can't complain.

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
AMR Engineering said:
A rainy day, but how much do you actually have now? That just might be enough to get a setup that will work for you. What kinda ride quality and/or performance are you lookin for. I'm sure I can help ya, cause s**t, I own practically the same car, and I have tried almost every single suspension known to man on my car.

You got a EJ8 which should be the same chassis as my EM-1, but you have a SOHC motor right?
omg i love your car...and yes i have the D16 with an autotragic...what bumper do you have on ur car and what suspension setup?

AMR Engineering

5+ Year Member
I roll on our suspension. My car is one of the cars we use as a test bed. The front bumper is a Cwest front bumper with Bodykits NW carbon fiber front splitter.

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
nice, so what setup are you using again and how much would it be shipped to 23229?

do_0b

5+ Year Member
all go no show said:
dude, s-techs suck... they are soft as hell..
i already had tokico blues with sportlines, but today i replaced the sportlines with some omni power coil sleeves and the rates are higher and the drop is better... My little hatch currently handles amazingly.. and for how cheap it all is, i cant complain at all... i paid only $185 bucks for the omni-powers.

oh yeah, my car is tucking tire, so its plenty for me.
I agree, s-techs are way soft. get it if you like body roll. on your budget i would suggest for springs h&r sport or eibach sportlines. clean drop, good rates, no camber kit needed. for shocks, tok illuminas are good enough but if you can get koni yellows.

AllShowNoGo9

5+ Year Member
AMR Engineering, you seem pretty open to discuss different suspensions setups. What about this OP Suspension coilover setup that's listed as a special on the site? No one seems to have any input regarding the setup and I am also in the market to get a new suspension. I'm one of the "ricier" tuners on the site as my car has a full buddy club kit with numerous custom mods, and I'm also installing a Kenwood DVX7015 Double Din DVD player so ride smoothness is a must....any suggestions?

AMR Engineering

5+ Year Member
I think there street setup is still too stiff for a lot of people. You can do research yoursef on here or honda-tech about people complainin about the stiffness with that setup as well as bouncyness. That is one of the many reasons why we dont offer off the shelf rates and that every set we make is customized specifically for each customers car. That company has been known for its breakage issues. I am not the type to talk s**t about a company, but the facts are out there. It has issues with its master cylinder when it first came out, I have seen issues with their camber kits, as well as the bushings that they use for some of their products. All you gotta do is do a search yourself.

Here is a example.
http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1671981

It does not really susprise me because the overseas manuf. they use is not all that great to begin with. OP is great replacing parts, their companies customer service is pretty good. But for me, I would rather not have that happen to me when there are plenty of other coilovers out there to choose from. But what is funny is there is a lot of companies out there that purchase from the same manufacturer.

do_0b

5+ Year Member
HondaSpeedaX said:
h&r sports arent adjustable are they?
h&r sports are springs and no they're not adjustable in height. only certain coilovers allow that.

Boricuanology

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
AMR Engineering, can you help me out?

I most said that this has been one of the most informative thread I have read. Thank God!! everytime I use the search, I always get the wrong information, or they start ok and ended up talking about something not related. I'm checking for a set up for my ride, 92 DX going the SI turbo way., with a D16Z6 and I'm also swaping the entire brake set up from the SI to the DX. what system do you recomend for my aplicaton, also what else do you recomend. I'm used to a factory set up, don't know about how a good after market set up should feel like cause I have not try diffrent set ups to give my opinion. besides the coil set that you sell, what else you have and recomend?

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
hmm curious about this, would i be able to just use GC's or Skunk2 sleeves with the stock struts? like i would plan on doing the struts within 6 months after, just not at the same time...just wonderin