lower ball joints

BobbyT5408

5+ Year Member
my lower ball joints went on my way to school, i need to fix them before i go home. Do i need a press to put in the ball joints on my 96 civic ex? and what kind of a pain in the ass am i lookin at?

henkz0r

Unobtanium Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
A ball joint press can be rented from Autozone. It's like a big ass c-clamp. Good luck. Ball joints are never fun even with all the right tools and in a decent garage.

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Uh. The work itself isnt all that hard at all. just like he said. you can rent a ball joint puller and u can also rent a press, and when ur pressing in the ball joint make sure that its straight! or else you'll just damage it and have to go and get urself another one.

at least ur ball joint didnt pop out as ur driving. sadly mine did =_= cotter pin snapped and owned me...and hard.

BobbyT5408

5+ Year Member
ew man sounds rough, yeah idk whats goin on up in the front now its making like a banging/ thumping noise when i turn left and like the road surfaces changes (raises and lowers) its really weird i know hte ball joints are shot but im also beginning to think that a control arm bushing could be bad or maby a wheel bearing? anyone have any experience with this thump?