Lower control arms !!!

str33tpr3p

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I am about to order a pair but im not sure with kind to go to, i know for the price there is blox and i know megan makes them but havn't heard any feed back about them so does anyone recommend any?

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i recommend you change the bushings on your oem lcas and use those.

exSedan

i agree with hecz. i was told i needed new control arms and i just put new bushings in it last week and its as good as new.

str33tpr3p

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Did you just get the OEM bushings ? Or is it even worth getting a brand name set

exSedan

i just got the oem bushings from my local store i dont think theres a difference other than the price.

sincivic_vx

5+ Year Member
I went with Blox. They are pretty and they get the job done. and the replacement bushings are cheap too.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Skunk2 has good a/m bushings dont they?
I have no experience with S2, but i do have experience with Energy suspension. I replaced the o.e.m bushings on my trailing arm with polyurethane bushings from Energy Suspension. Handling improved and was noticeable as soon i as i started driving the car. I would have to say there is less sway from the rear of my car now.

http://www.energysuspension.com/products/Control-Arm-Bushings.html

I think lot of people seem to like how they look. they might look pretty, shiny, stylish, light weight, ect. I can agree that the design of some are nice. It's acceptable, some people prefer function over form. I think the weight difference is probably in the single digits, which to me is just fine, because one might actually be made of a stronger material, the oem one, which you can clearly see that it's steel.

If your still interested in LCA's look for what type of Aluminum they are made of, some Aluminum alloys can be stronger then Steel alloys

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
if your going to buy aftermarket lca i would go with the skunk2 compare to blox and megan.

str33tpr3p

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Alright thanks a bunch for the information i think i might just get some more bushings for now!!

AMF

i agree with HECZ also, i bought the whole complete set of energy bushings and paired it up with my skunk2 set up and MAN, it changed everything !!!! you can get the whole set for a real good price.

http://yfrog.com/1aimg0407fhj

kevoSi

5+ Year Member
Blox arms because they're pretty but the bushings are junk,
get an energy suspension master set and go all out.

makindue84

I am about to order a pair but im not sure with kind to go to, i know for the price there is blox and i know megan makes them but havn't heard any feed back about them so does anyone recommend any?
I think you should pursue to purchase in megan. For me they are good supplier of quality lower control arms. :D

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
LCA's are just bling. Stock do the job fine.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The cheap flashy ones are just hard plastic as bushings and probably will crap out in a short period of time.