Lower the rear more????

white2000

3 motors and 34k miles
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've driven it with and without strut bars, they help in corners but dont remedy me of my problem.. by the way, I have a front upper strut bar, and rear upper and lower, and I have neuspeed sway bars, front and rear.

WiggerMan

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ive got ground-control on my civic and its dumped in the back and can go even further... when you say cut the cups do you mean the bump stops? cause thats part of the installation

white2000

3 motors and 34k miles
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
by cut the cups I mean the part of the strut the springs used to sit on. I've heard that you can cut them down since the coil overs dont use them... cause thats where my turning rings stop now, so I was thinking that if I cut them the rings would drop some more.

white2000

3 motors and 34k miles
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sorry about the size of these pics, but it's all I have for now. check out the difference in front and rear...

white2000

3 motors and 34k miles
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the only difference between these pics and now are headlights, front lip, and the fire extinguisher is gone, along with that sticker in the rear... and I put in some windshield wipers. and it's not taffeta white anymore... I really need some new pics.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
hmm... i kinda like that front-down stance

Soichiro-Honda

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Your front is tucked in. What coilovers or setup you have again?
Stiffer springs in certain corners stops tire rubbing under hard conering.

Whats series are the tires? I have 255/45/ZR17s on the front on my civic (wanted to do the thickest wall possible for my 17s and no bigger) * 45/235 on the back*
But I did not want to tuck in my tires, I wanted it lower and also to take the wheel well space.

2kstreetcivic

Runnin to Redline
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
white2000 said:
I have a 2000 EX coupe. I put on tokico shocks and ground control coilovers, In my opinion the front looks awesome now, but even after lowering the rear as far as possible there's still a gap between the tire and fender. Anyone have a remedy? I've heard I could cut the cup on the shocks, but I dont know if I should do anything that drastic, plus I dont want to weaken the strut. Thanks.
dont cut anything..let it settle first,then think of something

white2000

3 motors and 34k miles
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
fixed it... I bought a set of Tien Coilovers and they work awesomely. My buddy is always talking about how nothing handles better than his car (93 RX-7 R1 with Tien RA's and 10" tires) I'm getting pretty close, we went hauling ass through a few back roads that are nothing but turns and I can keep up in the corners, but any time he gets to punch the gas he's gone. (GT35R turbo and peripheralport motor) It's cool tho, 2 more years and I'll gave enough to buy my second NSX. he'll still be faster but my car'll look better.

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
there's no f'ing way that u lowered the rear to the max and u have fender gap..
i have it lowered a little more than halfway in the back..and i barely have 1 finger gap..i left my rear higher than the front on purpose...
i will drop m ore once i get rid of this banged up fender..

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
white2000 said:
fixed it... I bought a set of Tien Coilovers and they work awesomely. My buddy is always talking about how nothing handles better than his car (93 RX-7 R1 with Tien RA's and 10" tires) I'm getting pretty close, we went hauling ass through a few back roads that are nothing but turns and I can keep up in the corners, but any time he gets to punch the gas he's gone. (GT35R turbo and peripheralport motor) It's cool tho, 2 more years and I'll gave enough to buy my second NSX. he'll still be faster but my car'll look better.
wow....it took you almost 2 years to take care of it :what:

mienboiracer209

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow, i didnt even know i was reading a old ass thread...i thought he just went out and bought some new coil overs the next day...