Lowered Teins 6sic6

KSE

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice job man, looks great.

im also in the market for a nice set of full coilovers. I have some slip on coilovers and the ride has gone from uncomfortable to brutal to bone jarring. Hows the basic's ride quality compared to stock? Is it bearable over bumps and cracks? Like if you have a passenger and you hit a bump will they go "HOLY SMOKES"?

and don't you just love drum brakes :roll: ? i just changed my shoes this weekend. god those things are brutal, not to menition utter pos's. heres a good write up for a disc conversion that i found if youre interested. im going to try it myself as soon as i find the parts.

http://www.geocities.com/_nitro_/reardiscswap/reardiscs.html
http://www.jdmcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29223

evan2

Search owns you
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I figure its been said a million times already but you dont even need to compress the stock springs to take the top hat off
just go somewhere and un do it, it will shoot out but its not big deal

I hate those style comps though, i had to put my stock springs back together when i sold my teins when i wreckd my gsr
cool stuff though which teins had the ss on my gsr and they are now on my buddies eg..

6sic6

Nt brn w/enuf midl fngrs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
KSE said:
nice job man, looks great.

im also in the market for a nice set of full coilovers. I have some slip on coilovers and the ride has gone from uncomfortable to brutal to bone jarring. Hows the basic's ride quality compared to stock? Is it bearable over bumps and cracks? Like if you have a passenger and you hit a bump will they go "HOLY SMOKES"?

and don't you just love drum brakes :roll: ? i just changed my shoes this weekend. god those things are brutal, not to menition utter pos's. heres a good write up for a disc conversion that i found if youre interested. im going to try it myself as soon as i find the parts.

http://www.geocities.com/_nitro_/reardiscswap/reardiscs.html
http://www.jdmcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29223
The ride is really nice, not much worse than stock. It just has a sportier feel to it. But, I've gotten compliments from passengers saying how much rougher they thought it would be. I've been in a car with the kyb/springs combo and it was nowhere near comparible, that was very harsh compared to my ride.

thanks for the links on the conversion, I'll check that out.

GhettoPuNKkiD said:
you should really install a camber kit..or bye bye tires...they will be bald pretty fast.
Thanks for the opinion but, it doesn't ring true. The camber isn't off, if it was I'd get a kit. :twisted:

denracho

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i love your car.. good job man.. dud, is your car manual trans and ex model? nice very nice...

6sic6

Nt brn w/enuf midl fngrs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
denracho said:
i love your car.. good job man.. dud, is your car manual trans and ex model? nice very nice...
Thanks for the compliments... yeah, it's a manual ex. Soon to be a turbo D someday.

denracho

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
cool.. i have an auto trans and ex and i want to turbo it to, but i might go custom because i can't afford the kit..

banzai

Exit Speed Garage
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You dont need a camber kit unless you lower it more than, eh, around a inch and a half, not sure how much you lowered it, but with wheels that size it cant be much...

FhCRubarb

Rice 4 Life
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
On my 2000 ex with 17's and 40 sidewalls i lowered it 1.5 in the rear and had -2.3 camber so chew on that :D

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Bring this baby back to the top.. let people dream over 6sic6's car..

6sic6

Nt brn w/enuf midl fngrs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Monstre said:
Bring this baby back to the top.. let people dream over 6sic6's car..
:lol: :lol: 8) Thanks bro.

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ordered mine last friday, should be here soon 8)

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
thanks i'm sure i will, i have a 3 day weekend so i'm sure they'll get here right after that so i have to just look at them for a week

6sic6

Nt brn w/enuf midl fngrs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
steve98ex said:
thanks i'm sure i will, i have a 3 day weekend so i'm sure they'll get here right after that so i have to just look at them for a week
I looked at mine for 2 weeks. lol Sux you wanna break em out and put em on rite then. You'll get some cool stickers and I really nice emblem along with them.

doug piston

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i just got my teins on like 3 weeks ago and love them. took me a couple days to set it at the height i want and performance i wanted. but there are great

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks nice....I wouldn't have painted your drums red....drums suck...paint them black....HIDE THEM!