Lowering decisions...

D-Clips

5+ Year Member
Okay well I just got a coupe, and hate how high it sits... but idk whether to just get some lowering springs and deal with it bouncing everywhere or to just save for a few months and get it all at once. If you've had some good/bad experience lmk what brand they were so I can make the right decision. Thanks.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Save up for some one piece suspension

Black&Mild

5+ Year Member
Save like $800 and go with a basic damper kit by Tein or something. It's well worth the wait and money in having it done right.

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
do it right the first time.

TopGear_

┌∩┐ (◣_◢) ┌∩┐
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
A nice shock/spring set up will save a little bit of cash. If you can wait, save for coilovers.

Jas0nEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I don't know that coilovers are necessarily the best way to go. They're certainly very good. You can also do very well buying a good set of name-brand lowering springs (Eibach etc) and some decent performance struts. If you don't lower more than about 2", you won't have to worry about a camber correction kit, which is nice.

Milano01

Old School CC.com'er
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you could go big and be broke with the suspenion or you could go Econo style and have what you want. simple adjustable springs would work and they can be cheap like some no name ebay shits and while ur at it why not slap on some konis or even some KYB struts. thats the set up i have on mine and it works perfectly.

d00dle

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if u want to go for top of the mother line, its gonna cost like 1k. It's just crazy IMO I would rather cut em spring and handling like crap or get some lowering springs riding on stock shocks and bouncing everywhere than spending that kind of money on that sh*t. U can archive the same look w/o quality sh*t. This is how I would do it & save tons of money =)

Milano01

Old School CC.com'er
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I dont think cutting them is a good idea. considering you can buy used adjustable springs for cheap, i got mine for like 50 bucks all 4 of them too. lowering springs can go cheap as well used.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you don't care about adjust ability, just get a good spring/shock combo.

e DoGG 4 sHo

5+ Year Member
I was thinking about the same thing, too, but I decided to just wait and save up for some coilovers instead.

SiGSR

yeaaaay.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you could go big and be broke with the suspenion or you could go Econo style and have what you want. simple adjustable springs would work and they can be cheap like some no name ebay shits and while ur at it why not slap on some konis or even some KYB struts. thats the set up i have on mine and it works perfectly.
Wow... completely bad advice. If you're going to half ass it, might as well not do it at all.