lowering my ride

jacksplat

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if i go with a lowering kit that is about a 1.0-1.5 or 2.0 drop do i need new shocks. i would like to go with a 1.0 drop just to make my jun lip kit look better closer to the street. whats the best thing to do to get a 1.0-1.5 drop on my 2000 civic ex

01S2K

VTEC Worshipper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My car is dropped 1.3 in front and 1.0 in the rear and I run stock shocks with no issues so far

I have Tein H Tech Springs.

All other springs are lower and the lower you go the more potenial for problems and need for a camber kit.

mulletov

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Get some ground control coilovers sleeves. U can raise or lower your car however much u want. That way if u change your mind later on, they can be adjusted.

civicnoob

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
2KSIR said:
My car is dropped 1.3 in front and 1.0 in the rear and I run stock shocks with no issues so far

I have Tein H Tech Springs.

All other springs are lower and the lower you go the more potenial for problems and need for a camber kit.

DO you have that sagging issue the prokits have? cause i was dinkin bout getting a 1.3 drop as well, it closes the wheel gap but not entirely right?

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
IMO do it right the first time and just get a nice full suspension kit... (providing you can afford it)

civicsi94

dial up ownz me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i say just get a whole kit. coilovers, shocks, and camber kit.or just get a set of true coilovers. they are adjustable. beats playin up and down with the height with just lowerin springs

civicracing98

im a cc whore :/
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
civicsi94 said:
i say just get a whole kit. coilovers, shocks, and camber kit.or just get a set of true coilovers. they are adjustable. beats playin up and down with the height with just lowerin springs
true coilovers will cost u close to a grand too :???:

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
civicracing98 said:
true coilovers will cost u close to a grand too :???:
close is a subjective word... my coilovers were about a grand TEIN SS, but i think you can get TEIN basics for around $700? which is a lot better in my opinion than stock s**t.....

civicsi94

dial up ownz me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey but its worth it in the long run. also beats sometimes u get coilovers and the shocks u get arent compatible with the coilovers u bought. and omni power is like 800 for the whole set up. camber kit and all. and tein basic can be found around the 600-700 dollar range or so if u look hard enough. u dont need a high performance setup. unless u autocrossing or its a show car or something....

01S2K

VTEC Worshipper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nope no Sagging So Far.

The High Techs are made out Vanadium which is lighter and more flexiable then other springs and is guaranteed not to sag.

I have Stock SiR 15's with 205/50/15 Tires. If i take my index finger and put it on top of my middle finger I can fit the two in between the tires and wheels wells.

Car looks nice in IMO if i had a Digital Cam I would take pic so you could see.

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
close is a subjective word... my coilovers were about a grand TEIN SS, but i think you can get TEIN basics for around $700? which is a lot better in my opinion than stock s**t.....
Tein is very overrated. I payed 865 shipped for Koni's and custom Ground Controls (400lb frnt/450lb rear rate. They are better than Tein ever could be. They are ride height ajustable, 5 way ajustable, and the koni's have a life time warrenty. Don''t jump on the Tein JDM wannabe band-wagon. Go with what is good and fast. Koni has been racing alot longer than tein....and are superior in my opinion.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
99ExCoupe said:
Tein is very overrated. I payed 865 shipped for Koni's and custom Ground Controls (400lb frnt/450lb rear rate. They are better than Tein ever could be. They are ride height ajustable, 5 way ajustable, and the koni's have a life time warrenty. Don''t jump on the Tein JDM wannabe band-wagon. Go with what is good and fast. Koni has been racing alot longer than tein....and are superior in my opinion.
and you are entitled to your opinion.. and that is all it is... opinion

865 is hardly a bargain.. there are more than one FULL suspension setup in the thousand dollar range..

in my opinion

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
and you are entitled to your opinion.. and that is all it is... opinion

865 is hardly a bargain.. there are more than one FULL suspension setup in the thousand dollar range..

in my opinion

you try to find brand new koni yellows for under 400 and then let me know 400 for koni's and 400 for the custom ground controls *new* was a deal.

Basically any coilover setup under 1000 dollars is not going to be near as good as anything above 1000 dollars, you get what you pay for. Thats why the koni/ground control is better. It offers $1200+ performance at a much lower price. If tein is alot better as well....why would the top SCCA solo II drivers use Koni and Ground Controls and NOT tein?

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
99ExCoupe said:
you try to find brand new koni yellows for under 400 and then let me know 400 for koni's and 400 for the custom ground controls *new* was a deal.

Basically any coilover setup under 1000 dollars is not going to be near as good as anything above 1000 dollars, you get what you pay for. Thats why the koni/ground control is better. It offers $1200+ performance at a much lower price. If tein is alot better as well....why would the top SCCA solo II drivers use Koni and Ground Controls and NOT tein?
there is no way to have this agument with you... i went with TEIN im happy with it.. have i ever had the setup you have.. no i have not.. you are more than entitled to your opinion on which setup handles the best.. all i know is i wanted a decently handling ride while being mild in feel for daily driving... and i feel that i got that.. if he wants what you have then by all means go for, i certainly dont give a f**k.. i was simply presenting my thoughts on the matter.. i previously had ground controls on stock stuff and that sucked.. that i do know.. and i fully understand it was not the coilovers fault...