lowering springs 08 civic ex

USCG Civic

5+ Year Member
im about to buy some k2 lowering springs for a good price. me, being the person i am, shouldn't put these on myself. does anybody have an idea on how much this will cost labor wise if i take it to a mechanic.

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you havnt bought them yet have you? i wouldnt, they make cheap headlights and stuff, i wouldnt trust them with suspension.

you can buy a good name brand one for about double the price, which would be worth it to me.

but it should be about 1-2.5 hrs labor, however much their labor rate is, prob 70-90 an hour

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Actually I went to a local suspension shop and asked how much it would cost for them to put my springs on, they quoted it at about 4.5 hours. I do think that they stretched the time out a little bit, but most shops are going to do that. My suggestion is if youre going to end up paying somebody to lower your car, you might as well go with coilovers. Youll end up spending more than the price of having coilovers put in when your stock shocks blow out and you have to have someone replace them.

ameuba10

The A Train
5+ Year Member
i agree with vjf915. i wouldnt just put on springs, they will wear out your shocks sooner than it would otherwise. if youre going to lower it, go ahead and find some nice coilovers. i recommend the HFP suspension kit. very cheap for the performance you get. plus its made by honda for our cars specifically. what more can you ask for?

06NBPFG1

Registered Voter
5+ Year Member
$90 for lowering springs? i dont think so, u gotta pay good $$$ for something like that. Go with the Eibach Sportlines, thats what i got and they're pretty good. :thumbs up

and affordable too