Lowering

Liquidice944

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey all,
I am spending a good amount of money on the exterior of my car. Everything but rims, just not yet anyway. And i figure if i got the lip, fogs and etc i need the drop. I would like to just buy some Stech Springs and drop them on that for an inch and a half. I have heard alot of people say that will last along time and the ride isnt bad. I just rather not buy shocks at this point do to financial constraints but i do understand the importance.

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im riding on s-techs and on stock shocks...its been like 3 months..i haven't even gotten an alignment yet..lol but i do have camber kits .

myinca

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so are you asking our opinions? or just letting us know? ha yeah teins are supposed to have the best spring rate for our cars so thats not a bad start. the shocks can last 3years or 3 hours, it all depends and you never know. but if you want to go with a better setup in the near future then i say just keep the stock shocks. if they blow before your ready to get a new setup, then replace them at that time

Liquidice944

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Haha i was asking your opinions and i appreciate it guys. Yeah i think im gonna do it up because i gotta drop and the stechs give me the best option at doing so.

RedLine42

High Speed
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
S Techs would probably be your best bet if you dont want aftermarket struts. IMO id probably go with the TEIN Super Street coilovers.

Liquidice944

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey all,
I havent got any quotes yet but someone told me it cost like over $200 to have springs installed is that true?
If thats the case i think im going for my lip or seats...

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey all,
I havent got any quotes yet but someone told me it cost like over $200 to have springs installed is that true?
do it yourself for free

myinca

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah pep boys or one of them lets u rent tools. all u needa do is put down a deposit for the spring compressor, use it, bring it back, and get ur money back

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Seriously dude. Find a how-to online, rent a spring compressor from autozone and do it yourself for free. Takes a little time, but it's not that difficult. Afterwards, you'll have the satisfaction of saying you did it yourself.

Liquidice944

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That was a bad tone joe, kinda rude. i just dont like touching my car that i am currently paying 10 grand for when i dont know what im doing.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You can't detect tone over the internet. And if you know me at all, you'll know that I don't use rude tones unless I've been spoken to in a rude manner first.

That said, I was trying to be helpful, and I apologize for any misconception you may have had.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Hey all,
that sounds about right, but really think about dropping it first, especially before a lip.

prancer

5+ Year Member
I just finished lowering my 03 civic EX about 2 inches with B&G lowering springs. Its not to hard to do, and im happy with the outcome. The only thing i messed up on was not taking out of the cotter (sp?) pins out of the screw of the tie rod. But new tie rod only cost be 40$, and learning to DIY was well worth it rather than taking it to a shop. I need a rear camber kit and new struts now to make the ride better, but besides that it looks good and the outcome was golden.

And in case you are wondering, it depends where you go, but i just got a spring compressor from O'reillys for 70$ and you get all your money back if you return it within 48hours. Other places may vary times.