ls swap into a 99ex

99ejexsi

5+ Year Member
how hard is the wiring for a 97 integra motor to be put into a 99ex civic? My motor thats in it now d16y8 is starting to knock pretty bad so i figured id find out before i put this motor in my car. consdiering i need a motor fast. Its also a automatic so how would i do going along with getting all the halfshafts in everything for when i change it to a 5spd?

mok890

5+ Year Member
The knocking is most likely the valves need to be adjusted many theads talk about that...
And the swap should be easy just search that as well...
And remember"Be smart,always search before posting" =)

99ejexsi

5+ Year Member
but why would they do that now? and it sounds like more in the block the othere day my rpms dropped to 250 and the oil light flashed

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You probably spun a bearing (or are about to). As far as wiring goes, its actually pretty simple. 90% of it should be plug & play. The only thing you might have to do is extend a plug or two.

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^^^^:word: i had to extend a couple plugs on mine(put a b18b in my 97 ex after i blew up a d16 lol) pm me if you need help with anything

99ejexsi

5+ Year Member
the main question i guess is i can get a obd1 ls for 300 and id just need all the other stuff comes with a cable tranny though. how hard would it be for me to convert the motor to obd2 or should i convert my car to obd1? Im trying to go cheap beacuse i dont have much income right now but need my car on the road and i cant find anything to get it on the road thats decent including d16y8 im at a loss for words right now because i just want it on the road but people seem to keep backing out on me. Does anybody think a d16y8 with 70k on it is work 750 for just the motor and tranny???

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
$750 for a Y8 w/tranny is abit high. Id go w/the LS for $300 if its in good condition. I have a OBD1 B18a1 LS block, w/a OBD2 B18b1 head in my 2000 Civic right now. The main thing with OBD, is the plug style on alot of the parts. Dizzy, alternator, injector plugs, ect. Get the OBD1 LS, find an OBD2B dizzy, and alternator, and either run a P28 chipped for a B18 LS, or find a OBD2b P75 ECU and get the immobilizer taken out. OR, get a OBD2a P75 ECU, and get a OBD2b to OBD2a ECU harness, and run that way.