Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
AlexM said:
you know you could be right. no offense, but looks like your absolutely stoned outta your mind in your picture there.
perhaps i am. :lol:

deftone said:
id say an LS has more potential as in if you plan to build it up later down the road... other wise you can make a semi built d16 have as much HP as a LS. example.... i made 260whp at 12psi on a stock LS. turbo95eg made 260whp on a d16 at 15psi with pistons/rods/headstuds.
you can make a lot more than that, i made 303/246 on a stock ls at 14 psi on a stupid conservative tune (11:1 a/f, pulling 12* of timing from base). im going back in a month or two with a smaller exhaust housing (.48 vs .63) to improve spool, and im going to actually tune it on the dyno (i had 3 pulls, so i kept my street tune that i made in 30 mins on the way to the dyno), i'd like to see 320-330 on the same boost level.

DetainedCivic said:
How about you use the money to go to SCHOOL, you know college, trade school, something after highschool. You obviously don't know much about cars, so my question would be who is putting the kit on for you? Tuning the setup cost money. Maintenance on a boosted car is more. You don't have the years in driving like some of us. I would suspect that being that young with a boosted car your balls are going to get really big and try to race everything in sight, getting you in trouble and making the cops look at honda's even harder then they already do, but that is all just specalations. Once you get out of mommy and daddy's house money becomes more tight and finding a decent paying job is hard. Of course I went to college and have a good paying job and live on my own, so I can afford to put stuff on my car. Not being mean but just making you think outside the box.
Oh and to answer your question boosted ls all the way with an lsd to put the power to the ground.
listen to this man, he knows what he's talking about.

vandynamics

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my 2.0vtec will surpass your hp numbers mike w/ stock sleeves.

i have the devil on my side. fortunatley he knows how to tune and go fast.

vandynamics

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
boosted d will beat a k series.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
vandynamics said:
boosted d will beat a k series.
Yeah, but it's still a D. :???: And the other motor is still a K... :D

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
NOFX said:
whats that supposed to mean?

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Shiznit said:
whats that supposed to mean?
If you had the money for a K-series (or even bought a car with a K-series swapped in), why would you want a D turbo?

And I'm going to still say that most D-series with turbos out there will not beat a K-series in the same chassis. Now, comparing a base RSX for example against a 5G with a turbo D... that's not even fair because of the chassis weight.

vandynamics

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
If you had the money for a K-series (or even bought a car with a K-series swapped in), why would you want a D turbo?

And I'm going to still say that most D-series with turbos out there will not beat a K-series in the same chassis. Now, comparing a base RSX for example against a 5G with a turbo D... that's not even fair because of the chassis weight.
d is faster.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
NOFX said:
you would be wrong. depending of course on the hp/tq he is putting down on the D

ryan89crx

Spoolin single cam!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
what does that matter if the turbo D is making more power? and for 1/4 the cost of a K

so you would rather have a less powerful, more expensive motor because of the bling factor?

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Shiznit said:
you would be wrong. depending of course on the hp/tq he is putting down on the D
What am I wrong about? I didn't post any facts besides referring to the idea that the RSX chassis is heavier than the 5G chassis.

ryan89crx said:
what does that matter if the turbo D is making more power? and for 1/4 the cost of a K

so you would rather have a less powerful, more expensive motor because of the bling factor?
I'd rather have a better base for a motor than a D. So some of you prefer the D. I don't. If I had the cash for a K-series... I'd get the K rather than tha D.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
NOFX said:
What am I wrong about? I didn't post any facts besides referring to the idea that the RSX chassis is heavier than the 5G chassis.
NOFX said:
opinion or not, youre still wrong

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
*MOST* in the same chassis (same car). What K-series too?

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
most people dont who have a k-series motor dont have the $5000 k20a which would be the only k-series motor you would want to compare to the turbo d.

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
ryan89crx said:
boooooo!! D have plenty of potential...

But in comparison, to the k series, we might as well be comparing a ford pinto to a Z06 corvette. The D is hands down outta style. If you want power, then get a motor that was made to make it at least and not a granny powered,grocery getting,economy go-kart motor.

ryan89crx

Spoolin single cam!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
12.8:1 Ls/vtec said:
But in comparison, to the k series, we might as well be comparing a ford pinto to a Z06 corvette. The D is hands down outta style. If you want power, then get a motor that was made to make it at least and not a granny powered,grocery getting,economy go-kart motor.
ok, but when will you really need more power than a D setup can make/handle?

i dont know about you, but 350+ in an 1800lb HF is going to be scary, and for the most part the power will be unusable...

im not saying that B or K dont have more potential, they definately do. its just that when i look at the cost/benefit, D is always the best choice for power that you can actually use

IMO

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
<-- Also doesn't drive an HF and has no compulsion to get one. I like small cars... just larger than 4th gens and CRXs... And generally speaking, newer.

And the cost isnt' somethign I look at when it's D versus B. I mean, yeah, I'm probbaly not going to get a K-series unless I got a nice deal and a chassis that takes one stock. But really... most B-series motors don't cost that much that it'd keep me from buying one. I'd rather have a better motor to build off of. So saying that you have $5000 to spend on either a boosted D or a stock K... that's not even something I'd think of because it'd always be a build in progress and wouldn't just be like, "I have $X to spend on my motor... ever... What should I get?"

vandynamics

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
<-- Also doesn't drive an HF and has no compulsion to get one. I like small cars... just larger than 4th gens and CRXs... And generally speaking, newer.

And the cost isnt' somethign I look at when it's D versus B. I mean, yeah, I'm probbaly not going to get a K-series unless I got a nice deal and a chassis that takes one stock. But really... most B-series motors don't cost that much that it'd keep me from buying one. I'd rather have a better motor to build off of. So saying that you have $5000 to spend on either a boosted D or a stock K... that's not even something I'd think of because it'd always be a build in progress and wouldn't just be like, "I have $X to spend on my motor... ever... What should I get?"
theoretical expendable income is the only allaby you have.

d boosted is faster then any swap. and cheaper then anyswap regardless of the chassis

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Expendable? No... just save your pennies and don't plan that you have to buy it all and do it all at once.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i think what he means by expendable income is anything you buy that you dont need to survive. so the money you use to buy something that you dont need is expendable.