ls vtec questions

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
a couple questions before i get into making my ls an lsvtec. as far as the ecu goes can i use my obd pr4 and get it chipped and use it or do i have to have a vtec ecu like a p28, p72, etc.
also which head would be better for turbo as that will be what happens next? i know the b16 head flows just a little better but i just figured i would get some pros and cons for each head.
Thanks

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok i found a local guy with a b16 head so il pick that up. anyone know if i can use my old ecu and get it chipped and make it work?

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
What ecu, are you obd1, if so get a hondata s100 and get it tuned for your setup.

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
right now im using an obd1 integra ls ecu

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
yeah just do the s100 with a different map and vtec components added. Your's will work, might spend about $300 for the hondata and conversion to vtec.

CRXsiterror

I EAT EVO's
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
right now im using an obd1 integra ls ecu

Go with a p72 obd-1 ecu, so you can read knock. Chrome tune for turbo, its easier than messing with hondata if your shooting for a lower street number for your car. We have a 300whp 300ftq just ls turbo at the shop, its using a disco potato (gt28 r hybrid) and runs awesome.

DaMechanicEG/EK

5+ Year Member
i would get a gsr head and use a p28. get it chiped. cheaper n u can all waz get a good tune wit a p28. also??? u do knw u just dnt throw on a vtec head n think its gona work rite???

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i would get a gsr head and use a p28. get it chiped. cheaper n u can all waz get a good tune wit a p28. also??? u do knw u just dnt throw on a vtec head n think its gona work rite???
im sure he's done his research. so does that mean you're not getting the suspension?

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
damn learn to type properly. yes i know theres more to it than just slapping on a vtec head. ive been wanting to do this and reading about it for about a year now and i like to think i know my honda stuff pretty good lol. what i plan on doing is picking up a complete head from a local guy, the conversion kit from golden eagle that has headstuds included, and pick up some rod bolts and the right ecu and get it chipped and tuned. but that will be later cuz im getting my suspension first.