Ls/vtec Whp?

sc34dx

big daddy long one
5+ Year Member
Hay guys my question is im looking to make around 440 to 500whp on my ls/vtec setup...here is my setup

b18a1 stock sleeves
JE 9:0:1 comp pistions
Eagle H beams
Golden Eagle head studs
Cometic Head gasket

b16a head
skunk 2 valve springs
skunk 2 retainers
titan motor sports cam gears
Golden Eagle ls/vtec conversion

inline pro exhaust manifold
tial 38mm waste gate
tial BOV
sc61
3 inch turbo back
1000cc injectors

b16 trans with a 6puck action clutch.....non LSD:???:

will be tuned on neptune by dave at whip factory;)

well guys let me know what you guys think my setup can handle im still debating whether or not to tune on race gas or just pump...was hopeing for just 93 but will do race gas if its a must....i also want the car to last me about 2 years..so i will be running 2 tunes hi and low boost for daily driving...
thanks in advanced

Inigo Montoya

powered by boost
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
need stg 2/3 camshafts
will want bigger wastegate too

what kinda headgasket are you using? and are you using ARP head studs?

sc34dx

big daddy long one
5+ Year Member
need stg 2/3 camshafts
will want bigger wastegate too

what kinda headgasket are you using? and are you using ARP head studs?
edited

well i was reading that i can stay with the stock cams and still be able to make that power

mike@synapse

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if you have gsr or itr/ctr cams then you are fine, but if you have b16 cams i wouldnt use them.

most the other stuff should work well, is that clutch going to hold the power you want to make?

mike@synapse

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
because gsr cams make a lot more power and cost like 100 bucks to buy definately worth the money

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
b16 cams are the weakest of the bunch. An ITR camshaft is perfect for boost. I have seen an 800 whp car with ITR cams. B16 cams blow balls. I sold my friend some gsr ones for $30. They give you about 10 flywheel hp or 3 whp.

sc34dx

big daddy long one
5+ Year Member
b16 cams are the weakest of the bunch. An ITR camshaft is perfect for boost. I have seen an 800 whp car with ITR cams. B16 cams blow balls. I sold my friend some gsr ones for $30. They give you about 10 flywheel hp or 3 whp.
OK BUT I DONT NEED 3WHP....I KNOW THE B16 CAMS BLOW CHUNKS COMPARED TO THE OTHERS BUT WILLTHEY BE ENOUGH FOR MY GOAL...I DONT PLAN ON TAKING MY HEAD APART ANYMORE...

chadi

chuatZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i think you should use gsr shafts...better safe than sorry

sc34dx

big daddy long one
5+ Year Member
better safe than sorry? my s**t aint gona blow up if i use b16 cams....

thanks for the input guys....

what tranny fluid do you guys recommend to use..

mike@synapse

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you are gonna pick up a lot more than 3whp with a forced induction setup. when you are trying to make 500whp you dont want to cut corners. the b16 cams will put you at a huge disadvantage, you are gonna have to push a lot more boost to achieve the same power. you dont have to pull the head completely apart, cams take like an hour to swap out.

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
tranny fluid, i would say HMTF, GM syncromesh, or I have heard that i little of both is good too.

Inigo Montoya