Ls/vtec with b16a2 or ls/vtec with b18c head

jdmrascal

5+ Year Member
LS Vtec With B16 head...put some type r camshafts and cam gears in there...you see the differences

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The B16 head has been known to be more "free flowing"

** Moved to engine tech.

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Whatever you can get ahold of for cheaper, but if you do get the gsr, get rid of that big damn dual runner mani for an aebs one or something.

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i say +1 on b16 head with ITR cams. i have an ls/vtec swap, stock b18b1 block, b16 head with ITR cams and its pretty fun. heres a vid i shot earlier tonight of 25-110mph. its still untuned and on the stock civic ex exhaust and stock integra ls exhaust manifold (changing that eventually), and also untuned.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
To the fellow named Coutts, you wasted your money on the valvetrain b/c you got's no compression to back up the high lift/long duration camshafts and would have been better off to save your money and just put in some gsr cams for the meanwhile and get a respectable header b/c they aren't helping you that much. And what trans does that thing have b/c acceleration is kinda slow....not to be hating but just being critical and honest but my gsr in my 4 door with an Ls trans is faster on acceleration.

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
To the fellow named Coutts, you wasted your money on the valvetrain b/c you got's no compression to back up the high lift/long duration camshafts and would have been better off to save your money and just put in some gsr cams for the meanwhile and get a respectable header b/c they aren't helping you that much. And what trans does that thing have b/c acceleration is kinda slow....not to be hating but just being critical and honest but my gsr in my 4 door with an Ls trans is faster on acceleration.
thats a gsr trans and its untuned still (running bad). i didnt build the motor, i bought it like that but im in the process of finishing it (header, exhaust and tune). right now its just on a basemap on hondata.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I know all about being untuned. I had it running off a basemap but when the ecu was socketed he forgot to cut the resistor at J12 I think it was and the s100 wasn't communicating with the ecu so it acted like it was hiccuping about ever 3-5 miles with a jerk and then went on. So I used another p72 I had and then went to the dyno and changed it out for the other one. After a minute of thinking of the problem and a visual inspection and thinking the s100 was bunked but it worked w/ the s200 we were using to tune it. I picked up about 6 whp in the mid range at vtec engagement so no dips there and 6 whp up top as well. Hondata w/ datalogging and an expert tuner FTW. Dc headers are pretty cheap on ebay if you want quality for cheap, and exhaust really doesn't matter all that much as long as it's bigger than stock. I got better gas mileage b/c it was fat down low and lean up high. Air/fuel #'s 12.7-12.6:1 across the board so lookin good.