LSV Build suggestions or advice

AyoEK9

I know there's probably a thread on this but can't really find it.

So I have a b18b non-vtec LS motor. A lil project to start. I'm also in the process of getting a GSR Head & slap it on there. I know for a fact that I have to get the kit to covert it to vtec.

Any other suggestions I would need to know ??? Any info would help. Or any recommendations of upgrading.

& the Trans have a 4 puck non sprung clutch brand new. How good is that ? Heard it grabs pretty good.

NOTE: it's going in a 98 civic hatch

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
That clutch is going to be overkill your setup, especially if its non-turbo. The sprung hubs make driving more "streetable", it allows a smoother transition of the engines torque to the transmission. Without the sprung hub its virtually a on/off switch with a hard transition. Your clutch will chatter more frequently. The kits you can put together yourself also. Just get the proper -AN line and a generic oil filter adapter. I don't recommend just teeing it off of the oil pressure switch because its not filtered at this point. You want it from the oil filter adapter so you can get a filtered oil source.

There are a million threads and websites on how to do this build. I am also dong this exact build, so depending on your time-frame just follow my build thread and you will see all the steps on what to do.