LT1 vs. EP3

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice...ya im pretty sure ud beat the LT1 especially if u bumped it back up to 10psi

x0supermonkey0x

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well... im bone stock as of now because... im flat broke... but im doing a 6 speed swap with possible an LS1... for $0 because my dad has a junkyard and were looking for something like that to swap in... and i think THAT would be a good race....

Neon_ice

security at its finest
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ah i hope this doesnt turn into a v8>i4 thread.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i had a 6spd ls1 for about a month.... that car... was f**king nuts.....

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Neon_ice said:
ah i hope this doesnt turn into a v8>i4 thread.
not to mention the difference in displacement. although if a car with half the cylinders and less than half the displacement can win, that's quite cool

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
anfrey said:
not to mention the difference in displacement. although if a car with half the cylinders and less than half the displacement can win, that's quite cool
it is cool...... if you completely ignore the fact that just the turbo kit costs more then the entire LT1......
but if you ignore everything else and focus only on displacement... then yeah... it's sorta nifty... i guess

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Todd said:
it is cool...... if you completely ignore the fact that just the turbo kit costs more then the entire LT1......
but if you ignore everything else and focus only on displacement... then yeah... it's sorta nifty... i guess
also deals with weight. and the fact that ppl always comment on how fours never amount to anything

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
anfrey said:
also deals with weight. and the fact that ppl always comment on how fours never amount to anything
the days of dwelling on that bs are long over..... most of the time i hear that argument is when it is brought up by an import owner insulting domestics
in the early 90's it was a valid argument... nowaday you have every 20 y/o with rich parents willing to drop thousands and thousands into little 4 bangers to make them hang / almost hang with stock v8's.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Todd said:
the days of dwelling on that bs are long over..... most of the time i hear that argument is when it is brought up by an import owner insulting domestics
in the early 90's it was a valid argument... nowaday you have every 20 y/o with rich parents willing to drop thousands and thousands into little 4 bangers to make them hang / almost hang with stock v8's.
i don't, so i'll back a "performance four" any day.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
personally i dont care how many cyls a car has, with enough money you can make a 3cyl geo metro run 12's

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Todd said:
personally i dont care how many cyls a car has, with enough money you can make a 3cyl geo metro run 12's
actually it's very easy to make the 1.3L suzuki swift run 12s. especially the earlier generations since they weight so little. a purple swift in santiago we affectionately call "metralleta" (machine gun) was amongst one of the fastests in town during the late 90s and early years of the shmillenium. they were on par with the 5gen bubbleback turbo b18 civic.

02SilverSiHB

TURBO b***h
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Todd said:
wow, lt1's only cost 4800, not bad.

02SilverSiHB

TURBO b***h
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Todd said:
or some 27 year old that works in the military and has enough money because he has a great job in the military that pays him 50,000 up front for reenlisting, gets an extra 3500 anually on top of that...all of this after taxes and has a wife that is an officer in the military.

x0supermonkey0x

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hahaha... i respect 4 cyls.... im sure there are alot of 4 cyls out there that would tear me a new hole.... theres a 03 WRX around my area running low 12's that i deff. do not want to f**k with...

honestly... i would prefer a 4 cyl power house over an 8.... because... man... i get like 12MPG haha... if i still had my vx... with the money i would have saved from gas... it would have had a built B18b ready for boost...

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
02SilverSiHB said:
wow, lt1's only cost 4800, not bad.
i can get mid 90's for around $4k

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
oops, i meant ls1's... i just sold a 96 that i bought for $4k

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
02SilverSiHB said:
or some 27 year old that works in the military and has enough money because he has a great job in the military that pays him 50,000 up front for reenlisting, gets an extra 3500 anually on top of that...all of this after taxes and has a wife that is an officer in the military.
you'd be in the vast minority