Lubing Stock Shifter on '99 EX sedan?

2nedhnda

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you can order them from summit racing or jegs, just about any aftermarket parts retailer will have them or be able to get them. As for it getting worse after using liquid wrench, the shifter and parts really require a heavy duty all purpose grease because they are exposed to temp and weather extremes.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i wonder if the liquid wrench f**ked up the rubber bushing... making it all shitty and sticky.. i dont know if liquid wrench is really good for rubber..

taken from the internet:
Get a tub of white lithium grease and lubricate the hood latch and hinges and the door hinges to keep air and moisture out. Don't use the spray white grease; it does not work very well. Also don't use any type of rust penetrant such as WD-40 or Liquid Wrench; they will dry out.

try the tub of white lithium grease.. in retrospect thats actually what i used..

shortlid

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Maybe

oc_civic said:
i wonder if the liquid wrench f**ked up the rubber bushing... making it all shitty and sticky.. i dont know if liquid wrench is really good for rubber..

taken from the internet:
Get a tub of white lithium grease and lubricate the hood latch and hinges and the door hinges to keep air and moisture out. Don't use the spray white grease; it does not work very well. Also don't use any type of rust penetrant such as WD-40 or Liquid Wrench; they will dry out.

try the tub of white lithium grease.. in retrospect thats actually what i used..
Ya, liquid Wrench says ringht on the can "don't use on rubber or plastics!:cry: Does Jegs or Summit have high performance bushings!

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
shortlid said:
Ya, liquid Wrench says ringht on the can "don't use on rubber or plastics!:cry: Does Jegs or Summit have high performance bushings!

yes.. they do..