lx to del sol engine swap

dbcupid

5+ Year Member
I have a 1.5L 1994 civic lx engine w/auto trans & need to know if it can swap into a 1993 civic del sol that has a 1.5L w/man trans. Will the lx engine fit in the del sol w/the man tranny? Thanks for all the past help

Edit: Sorry for the confusion factor. I have a 94 civic lx w/1.5L & auto tranny(body beyound repair) & want to swap engine into a 93 delsol 1.5L w/man tranny(engine smoking) Just want to swap engine frm lx to del sol, needed to know if 1.5L lx & 1.5L del sol engines were the same for straight swap & leave the man tranny in the del sol. Thanks, DBCupid

ryanM

yes, it will. but i'm curious to know why you would want to do a manual to auto conversion?

falcon

uber noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
maybe the 5 speed is broken... or maybe he has to go through city traffic

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
he's putting the Civic motor into the Sol which is already manual

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yeah you guys have it backwards, hes taking the auto engine and putting it in the manual

ryanM

Shiznit said:
yeah you guys have it backwards, hes taking the auto engine and putting it in the manual
seems to me like all the people who replied knew this, i dont see anyone referring to an auto to manual. all manual to auto...:what:

96coupeRB

5+ Year Member
why would you want to put a lx motor in a del sol?, i may be wrong so correct me if i am but arent lx's 1 of the slowest civics? and del sols faster?

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the dol sol might have a blown motort and thats all he has. And to answer your question it will all bolt right up

Dirty Sanchez

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
96coupeRB said:
why would you want to put a lx motor in a del sol?, i may be wrong so correct me if i am but arent lx's 1 of the slowest civics? and del sols faster?
His del sol has the same motor as the lx to begin with, just with a manual. The only fast del sol was the DOHC Vtec model which came with a b16. All the other del sols were just as slow as any d-series civic.

dbcupid

5+ Year Member
lx to del sol swap

LongGrain said:
yes, it will. but i'm curious to know why you would want to do a manual to auto conversion?
I have a 94 lx w/1.5 auto that has 30,000 miles on engine(car was in a roll over), am looking at del sol 1.5 w/man that has a smoking engine. Just wanted to leave the del sol manual tranny in. Thanks for quick response, DBCupid