Magnaflow resonator UGH!!!!

Gotrice284

SWAY-DIZZLE
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok so Ive had my exhaust system for long time now, and I have been having this rattle in the "resonator" I know it the resonator because, I put my car on the lift and starting banging on it with my hand. It rattles at idle and at stop, I not sure I have a warranty still on it so I called and they told me that I need to mail them the resonator in for looking to see if there dmg to it on my end!!!!! yeah I rubbed sometimes never banged the ground, but anyway back to my question lol, what are some of my options can I just get rid of it and replace it with a pipe?? anyone else had this problem, FYI i have NOOO money!!! =P

Ninjeff

The brake is on the right
5+ Year Member
You dont want to replace your resonator with just a pipe. It will sound absolutely horrible, and will give you no dicernable gains except a god awful ricer sound. The resonator makes the tone sound deeper and more even.

Wax Hands

Smell my finger
Registered VIP
Your local exhaust shop can fix the problem for you. Most of the keep all kinds, shapes, sizes and types of resonators in stock.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yup, save yourself the trouble of mailing s**t back and forth, and just take it to a muffler shop, and fix it

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
any muffler shop, u dont need that magnaflow res, its just a name, and obviously they arent to good