Maintenance Reminder Problem

millstev

My 2015 Civic Lx requested a service A after only 4407 kilometers
Oil life was at 10% Change done and reset to 100%
After only 889 kilometers oil life down to 60%.
A kilometer is only .6 of a mile.
There must be something wrong with the Maintenance Minder but
so far not getting any answers from Honda Canada
Any ideas?

millstev

Got no satisfied answer from Honda after maintenance B.
Will have to take legal steps.

Last edited by a moderator:

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You aren't going to get any help on something like this from Honda directly. They leave simple crap like this up to the dealerships to handle on their behalf.

If you can't get competent help from one dealer, take it to another. Legal action over a stupid maintenance reminder is only going to get you throwing money down the lawyer hole fighting a manufacturing titan.

millstev

You aren't going to get any help on something like this from Honda directly. They leave simple crap like this up to the dealerships to handle on their behalf.

If you can't get competent help from one dealer, take it to another. Legal action over a stupid maintenance reminder is only going to get you throwing money down the lawyer hole fighting a manufacturing titan.
Thanks for answering. But in Canada I can take action through CAMVAP. It costs me nothing.
I just hoped it could be fixed. Since it probably a computer problem it probably is unfixable.
I don't think they can replace computers in cars without causing other problems.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Thanks for answering. But in Canada I can take action through CAMVAP. It costs me nothing.
I just hoped it could be fixed. Since it probably a computer problem it probably is unfixable.
I don't think they can replace computers in cars without causing other problems.
Actually they can replace the ECU without causing other problems. The ECU is interchangeable part, the only thing they have to do now is reprogram the interlock to work with your key.

Filing a small claims court case against Honda directly is just going to result in a long drawn out process which is going to cost you a lot of your own personal time. Take it to a local Honda dealership and they should fix the problem without any charge since the car should still be under factory warranty.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yep, bring it to a dealership or two and have them look at it. Legal action is a last resort type thing, and might just cause more headaches in the end.

millstev

Thanks for your answers, Had to have a Service B after only 1907 kilometers. Minder down to 5% at that point. I was at dealership for 5 hours while they did service B and did all kinds of tests on the cars computer and found nothing, they told me it was my driving habits. I told them my driving habits had not changed since I had my former Honda a 2007 Honda DX-G ( which only asked for service at about 6800 kilometers). Honda 2015's now use synthetic oil which is suppose to last longer (it also costs a lot more). Now Honda Canada wants me to drive 100 kilometers to the dealership for further testing. According to them it could take a couple of days. They will give me a courtesy car to use.
Then in early June they want me to bring it back for a tech "expert" to review. They are aware I am in the process of filling a CAMVAC complaint ( equivalent to the Lemon Laws in many American states).
PS: Honda Canada and the dealership are two different things. I don't think the dealership knows yet what Honda Canada wants them to do.