Maritimers 99' sedan

maritimer

The slipstreams were appealing in the fact that i could run a better set of tires. Im going to put two on before i buy them to see if i like them though.

maritimer

Well i didn't like how the rota's fit or looked, so no go.
One of my friends is going to do an alignment for me this week, i have a question though. I have never had a lowered honda before, only vw which don't get the natural rear camber when the are lowered. When the alignment is being done, can they correct the negative rear camber without having adjustable camber arms? This is probably a really stupid question but i have never had to deal with it before.

maritimer

The ff coils ended up pretty well kicking the bucket, so I ordered some ultimo's. I had them on my old golf and never had any complaints.

Also did front rotors, pads, and rear shoes.
Not much of a update, but im bored and thought i would post lol. This friday im going to order some lca's, not sure if i should get some aftermarket replacement or some fancy ones, either way, the bushings are toast in mine so they gotta go. I got my 40/40 prop valve, just need to get ebrake cables and ill be able to do the disk swap finally.
Hopefully have something interesting to post soon

maritimer

Had the day off work, so i went out to my dads and took the b18 head off the block.

Head seems pretty clean inside, i cleaned the bit of gunk build up off the cams and cam caps? Can't remember that they are called, with soapy water and a scotch bright.
Going to get a valve spring compressor this week so i can pull the valves and replace the seals, and hopefully get the head hot tanked while i have the chance.

maritimer

doing work, I see. never seen those rotors before. Kinda cool looking
They are just cheap "ultra" brand ones from rockauto, pretty good quality though.

Ordered a full upper and lower gasket set, just went with the cheap Dnj set from rock auto. I'm going try and get this motor done and back together quicker then planned, I found some metal filings in my oil yesterday and I'm starting to hear a rod knock on cold starts.
I think I'll just buy a cheap second head and block so I can take my time and do the build with it I want to.

Cylinder walls seem to be in good shape which is nice.

Pulled the transmission off the block and found it was full of oil, so have to replace that seal as well.
Oh and I ordered the two brackets I needed, majestic for that OEM goodness lol

Pretty boring stuff overall lol

maritimer

Pulled the valves out tonight, intake ones look good, exhaust not so much, massive build up on them and the seats looked a little pitted. Didn't get a chance to clean anything up tonight, but here's some pictures.

Said screw buying a spring compresser lol

Took like 45 minutes to make and worked perfect. Yay for being cheap lol

maritimer

Spent some time cleaning the valves and head up

Hopefully my gasket set comes this week sometime, so I can get the block all back together. Found a b16 hydro tranny for sale, 2 hour drive one way but it's the only one I can find within a four hour drive. May go get it this weekend.

Washed the car for once also lol