matte black paint

Ian123

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i hate to ask questions about how much stuff costs, but im going to do it anyway this time. how much does a matte paint job cost? im assuming it would be cheaper because there isnt any clear coats. i cant do it myself because i want it professionally done and want it to look even. and so all the haters know, this isnt for the tahoe. its for a possible second vehicle i might buy.

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i would say no more than 800.. is there body work being done? if not.. less than 800 id say.. but it depends where you go obviously

Ian123

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i wouldnt buy something that needed body work, so im gonna say no for that. but alright thanks for the answer

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
u can clear a matte paint..
matte paint is different from flat colors as they are still shiny
matte black

and flat black is like grille paint or spoon rims of course..

Ian123

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
something about the paint in that pic doesnt appeal to me..maybe its flat black im thinking of

jb0ne

Banned
have fun with your primer only car.

primer isnt sealed obviously thus it takes in EVERYTHING. Acidic bird s**t, rain, smoke, smog, dirt ETC ETC

your going to want some sort of finisher/sealer ontop of anything you plan to leave on your car.

your prob looking for the textured finish which is refereed to as eggshell. google it up "nukka"

Ian123

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
eggshell didnt come up on google lol. but i dont think thats what i want. i want something like this (the paint job not the car, although i wouldnt mind a ferrari)

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
tats matte black..
it has a clear coat..

Giggles

5+ Year Member
they have basc coat clear coat in flat, look up hot rod flats, there is just a dull agent in the clear but its just like a real paint job

jon31562

mmmm..turbo?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
flat colors are real paint jobs too... you are right about the dulling agent... and flat is not primer it is a dull single stage paint which means it is sealed underneath... and single stage paints sometimes hold up better than base coat clear coat... either way to do a full car with a quality single stage and have it done right it'll be around 1200 to 1500 bucks...

NYGraFFit1

I Tap JdmPrncss
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anyone have a pic of how it would look on a 00 Coupe? just curious

Giggles

5+ Year Member
ya you need to figure out how you wnat to do this they both differ in price and diffucilty, and the is a difference between the 2 im also dooin my civic in matte black so some pics of them would be nice