may buy an 02 cicic si. i have a few questions

bennyboy

5+ Year Member
A kid i work with recently bought a black 02 civis si with 45,xxx miles on it. He bought it from a middle aged man so should be in good shape. anyway while i really want a 8th gen si I am really considering buying this vehicle because of a great price. i would like to recieve some input on this car from some owners or past owners. i am really interested in reliability becuase it will be a daily driver. i know its gotta be better than my 98 jetta (slow and many problems) any input would be greatly appreciated.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
if you do buy the ep3 your going to fell in love with it, first the shifter it has a rally style shifter which is unique and you don't see any ep3 alot. and for dd it's a honda so it's going to last long considering you take care of all the maintenance

bennyboy

5+ Year Member
just test drove it. i liked it pretty quick especially compared to my jetta. engine felt strong and and clutch was in great shape. he also has aem short ram, dc heads, viper security, jdm fog lights. and new head unit. i think i may get it

ScratchNSniff

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I love me an EP3...how much is he asking...

Bheims

Bustin windows outcha car
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Get it!!!!! And then post pics

xxSIfreak

5+ Year Member
GET ITTT!!! I swear its waay more worth it...you'll be able to do SO much more to that car then an 8th gen...even though they may be great and all I love my 7th gen and you will totally not regret it!

bennyboy

5+ Year Member
Yea gonna get it. liked it alot, cant think of anything that i didnt like maybe the ride was a lil rough but maybe i'm not used to coil overs but he's taking them off anyway and the alignment was bad becuase of them. anyway the car sounded great with intake and headers very nice tone inside the car. also i like the interior, seems well built. srry for rambling but pretty excited to get this been driving a 2.0 jetta gl for 6 years so bear with me. 0 and the price is that because A) i know him and B) he is getting a srt4 for 8,500

stupidguy10

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
damn thats a steal! id so go for it for sure! and like someone else said post pics!

BRAK54

come getcha some
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i love my ep3 only bad thing is the tranny. usally 3rd gear sncyros go out. on the 02 and 03. i got mine from a older guy. my 3rd didnt go out but my 4th did i didnt beat on it either but its a fun car

you will love the tq from the k20

BRAK54

come getcha some
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i love my ep3 only bad thing is the tranny. usally 3rd gear sncyros go out. on the 02 and 03. i got mine from a older guy. my 3rd didnt go out but my 4th did i didnt beat on it either but its a fun car

you will love the tq from the k20

oh yea and if you get a ep3 join ephatch.com

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ask dc how he likes his

he got a great deal too

:lol:

nicoyita1

I eat rice. And beans.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Personally I'm not fond of the 8th gen's......My cousin loves his ep3 and i love driving it....
and yea it's a steal for only 8500....

GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (you won't regret it)